[TP] mxRingplatform v1.2.2 - Travel in a stylish way [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mxE333xm, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Offline

mxE333xm

[​IMG]

mxRingplatform - Version 1.2.2

Tested with Bukkit Build 1000

[​IMG]

You want to travel? Just teleporting isn't funny enough and also looks bad? Then you're right here. This is the most stylish way to travel ;)

And it gets even better: If you don't like the standard animation, you can just edit the file (tutorial in this post) and make your own individual animations :)

This plugin was developed after a request of theiking, pointing to the old ringplatform plugin. I decided to extend it so that it can be used as a general Transport plugin.

The default animation with two platforms, one over the other:

And a demo video made by @theiking:

Features:
    • Fully animated teleportation
    • Animation is absolutely variable and individually customizeable
    • Mutli-World compatible
    • iConomy Support
    • Specify a custom delay for each platform that you can bypass with the right permissions
    • Permissions and OP Support
    Commands:
    Just right-click one Block of a Ringplatform to travel.

/rp create [name] [delay] [costs]
    Create a ringplatform with the given delay and costs. Finish the creation Progress by Left-Clicking the middle block of the Platform.

/rp remove [name]
    Remove an existing ringplatform

/rp list [-optional PageNumber]
    List up the existing instances grouped in pages of five.

/rp link [name1] [name2]
    Link the Platform with the name "name1" to the platform with the name "name2".

/rp setcosts [name] [newCosts]
    Sets the costs of the platform "name" to "newCosts".

/rp setdelay [name] [newDelay]
    Sets the delay of the platform "name" to "newDelay".

Making custom animations
    Show (open)

Outdated, will be updated soon.

Keep in mind, that only the standard.txt definition will be loaded.

Permissions:
    Permission NodeFunction(Without Permissions) OP Only?
    mxRingplatform.createBe able to create, link and destroy a Ringplatform and edit the Values of itYes
    mxRingplatform.listAllows you to list up all existing platformsYes
    mxRingplatform.nowaitYou don't have to wait for a teleport ;)Yes
    mxRingplatform.useGeneral permission to allow the users to use a Platform (Teleport on rightclick)No

Coming Features:
    - Suggest some you would like ;)
    -A random chance to botch up the teleport and send you somewhere else

Download
    If you're upgrading from v1.0 make sure to delete the old config.txt!
    Click me!

Other Stuff:
    [​IMG] if you want to support my development activites :)

Changelog: (open)

v1.2.2 - Improved saving of Platforms
    v1.2.1 - Fixed the Bug described in #100
    v1.2<updated> - Build 953 compatible
    v1.2 - Travel is now possible
    - Multiworld support
    - Iconomy support + custom delay
    - Changes in the animation system
    v1.12 - Smaller bugfixes
    v1.11 - Fixed ring function for negative signs of 'BlockNumber'
    v1.1 - Fixed bug that crashed the server due to invalid material types
    - Added support for multiple Platform types with own animations
    - Added the possibility to customize the arrival Point of the Player
    - Added 'resist' blocks, that resist at the end of the animation (for example useful to let platforms appear after the animation ended).
    v1.0 - First Release

2. Offline

theiking

I never thought id be putting this plugin back into use on my servers! well this is my 3rd attempt at making this post, (accidentally closed browser 2 times before, it was a long post too lol so Im just going to keep this one short. If you all want to see this amazing plugin which is based on the Stargate movies and tv shows, in a stargate based server check out www.iKingsSGC.com (half our servers are stargate based and rely heavily on this plugin!) Thanks so much mxE333xm for accepting my request to remake this plugin! I will donate as soon as I can, (gotta keep the lights on in the servers first lol.) wow this reply is much shorter than my first two. This plugin goes great with Wormhole X-treme (which is also based on a episode of Stargate SG1 and uses the entire idea of the stargate network)

Thank you,

Adam -TheiKing
    iKings Stargate Coalition of Servers
    Minecraft and Source Department Head Administrator
    (Terarria Servers coming soon!!!!!!!)

Links that may interest you!
    Our site: www.iKingsSGC.com
    Our favorite plugin developer: http://forums.bukkit.org/members/mxe333xm.47519/
    Our Empire Avenue portfolio: http://empireavenue.com/?t=1q4x517h

3. Random thing I don't know what caused it but this crashed my server

4. Offline

kahlilnc

One work plus these, WOW!!!!!!!!!

5. can u make it go down too

6. Offline

Drunkmonkeyy

Yeah, Customisable height, and downwards teleporting would be awesome.
    I still love it though, but i would love it even more with all that =)

Good work, keep it up

7. Offline

theiking

Yeah in the original ringplatform plugin it was 2 ways and needed 2 directly vertical identical platforms to go up. Thats how it works in the shows too. The two platforms worked for customizable height as well. an example would be to build a platform on the surface of the world then dig as far as you want down, build a platform there, and right click on either and it will take you to the platforms.
    This is what the original ring platform look like in hmod,

Two platforms would would at any height and the platforms could be made with any block combination.
    Im glad to see the first steps for the plugin returning into bukkit but a little more of the original functionality back would be amazing.

:D cant wait for more updates that bring more functionality that resembles the hMod ringplatform. Thanks mXE!

8. Offline

mxE333xm

Looking at the feature requests, I think I'm going to expand the scripting possibilities. So, you can set in the script how high, how deep, on what block you're going to be teleportet, with which animtaions :) And also some custom port grounds. Combined with some sample Animations that could get good, I think.
    So for example you'll be able to have a port with a diamond block in the middle that makes you 2 platforms upwards that stay there after the animation ended, one with a iron block in the middle, that ports you a custom number of blocks down and so on.

Do you have some errors in the console, or anything that could help me to find the bug?

theiking likes this.
  9. Offline

theiking

well if the goal of the plugin is primarily for easier transportation, why not use stone and double-steps so the general population that doesnt have access to unlimited diamond, gold and iron can make them Middle block double step, inner ring stone, outer ring double step. Its easy to use the gold and iron and diamond when you have access to /item but the general population of the servers would want to have their own pair of ring platforms but not be able to cuz they dont have 13 gold blocks and 8 iron blocks for each platform. I know its long winded and will probably aggravate you but, just I believe its a solid suggestion. I mean I love having the plugin back but people are telling me its like half the functionality of the original one. And I mean that in the sense that it only has one platform.

PS. I love the animations in your version 10 times more than in the original version for hMod. They look more like the ringplatforms in stargate how they come down first and then take you up and go back down. Awesome job on that

mxE333xm likes this.
  10. Offline

mxE333xm

Well, I'm working on it ;) As i said, with the next version, you have the possibility to define own 5x5 ringplatform shapes with the materials you want to and the animations you want to ;) So for example if you want to have your DoubleStep platforms, a animation file could look like:
    (the lines with # are just comments)
    I think that should get finished today or tomorrow :)

New Version!
    v1.1 - Fixed bug that crashed the server due to invalid material types
    - Added support for multiple Platform types with own animations
    - Added the possibility to customize the arrival Point of the Player
    - Added 'resist' blocks, that resist at the end of the animation (for example useful to let platforms appear after the animation ended).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  11. Offline

theiking

Sweet! Are the second vertical platforms going to come in a future update? Just wondering because we have converted the hMod RingPlatform platforms to MXRingPlatform platforms :D

12. Offline

mxE333xm

It is already there :D
    As I said the Platform scripting system is very powerful ;) If you want to have 2 platforms above, just read the 'Making custom animations' chapter ;) And you'll see that you just have to put resist-blocks with the corresponding positions in the script and you'll ahve 2 platforms ;)

13. Offline

theiking

Hmm doesnt seem to be working in my servers, it loads in the console, then in game rings down transport, and no console errors.

14. Offline

mxE333xm

How do you mean 'rings down transport'? And seriously no console errors?

EDIT: Are you sure you deleted the old config.txt? That is/was pretty sure your problem if you hadn't deleted it ;)

15. Offline

theiking

1) In the old ringplatform when you used one ring platform to get up or down you could use the other ring platform that you got transported to to go back to the original ring platform. (thats how it works in the shows too)

2) I figured out the problem, for some reason i cant reboot/stop my server without it reverting to a backup, its probably just a issue with the host company.

PS. do you need the original hmod ring platform .jar because if you used it you would have a better understanding what i meant

or if you want i can bring up my old canary mod server and show you in game

also now im getting a console error when i just tried to use the platform plugin

Code:
    net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:393)
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.World.doLighting(World.java:1453)
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] INFO java.lang.NullPointerException
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] SEVERE Unexpected exception
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] SEVERE     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] SEVERE     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] SEVERE     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:393)
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] SEVERE     at net.minecraft.server.World.doLighting(World.java:1453)
    02.06 20:13:47 [Server] SEVERE java.lang.NullPointerException
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

mxE333xm

You know that you can basically achive the same thing with my plugin ;) Just a little bit scripting. (Basically: Let the upwards port create the shape of a downwards port, so 2 scripts ;))

May be, but make sure that you deleted the old config.txt anyways ;)

17. Offline

ssechaud

Can you make it like this?

Buckethead likes this.
  18. Offline

mxE333xm

It is the sense of the script system, that all users are able to create their own animations like the one that you posted ;) It isn't hard ;) As i have no time to make all the custom animations people want, you can try to make one yourself (see the tutorial in the first post) or wait until I get to make one like this ;)

Goes the callstack further? And it may be useful too, to see what files you have in the plugins/mxRingplatform directory ;)

19. Offline

theiking

errrrrrrr what *baffled face* lol

i deleted the files all together and reinstalled it seems to work i think

20. Offline

mxE333xm

Okaaay, I'm going to make that scripts for you tomorrow, if I look at your face :D
    EDIT:
    Great :)

21. Offline

theiking

lol thanks... sorry for the issues. I was mainly looking for the plugin to be automated like the hMod version. my coding experience goes as far as a basic understanding of css, html, and php lol

22. Offline

mxE333xm

You don't need more for that here :D I told a friend of my who had no clue about coding how to script an animation, and he made big parts of the current (in my opinion really nice) animation with ease :)

23. Offline

theiking

by basic i meant all i know is how to change colors of menus and increase my header image on my wordpress blog lol, also i dont have time to learn a code and then program something, Just got 2 jobs to pay for my tuition , taking most of my time up

24. Offline

mxE333xm

Yes, I understand that ;) So, as I said, you'll get your effects in about 20 minutes or tomorrow :D

25. Offline

theiking

Sweet thank you so much! :D

26. Offline

mxE333xm

New Version: v1.11
    Bufix with negative positions - see changelog

@theiking: Here you are:
    File1
    File2
    And remember to delete the other files of your mxRingplatform folder ;)

Now you have your features ;)

27. Offline

theiking

thanks man!...im going to make a dedicated section on my website for this plugin :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Offline

mxE333xm

I have to thank you for the request you made, without it i would never have gotten the idea to write this ;)

New version: v1.12
    - Smaller bugfixes

29. Offline

theiking

Dang cranking out updates :D.... where exactly do i download the updates....cuz the jar from the download link is still v1.0

Hey btw I was wondering if you wanted me to make a logo for mxringplatform,

here is my latest reworking of my servers' logo [​IMG]

30. Offline

kahlilnc

This does not work with the newest permissions it completely breaks it. :(