Inactive [TP/MISC/FUN] Pinapp v2 - a revolution in multiworld [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Offline

CyberGod101

That would be a workable solution!
    But i think it would still be a tough job coding it.
    Finding the Frame when the Portal is active should be easy.
    Finding it with the Portal unlit a bit harder.
    Finding it with blocks missing... oh boy.
    But i think you must allready be having an idea if you surgest this... am i right?

;-)

PS: btw, im on #Bananacode, but i dont see you there...

2. Offline

codename_B

I'm busy coding bPermissions 1.2 - so not online there atm, I just get an email ping when you post here :p
    I already have code to detect the portal frame etc etc etc. Just didn't think of that use for it!

3. Offline

CyberGod101

Sound
    Sounds good. So you are considering to implementing a protection/nodrop for the frames?

4. Offline

codename_B

I will 100% definately be implementing a nodrop for frames.

5. Offline

mdt7734

Or could destroying a portal simply delete its associated destination portal, would it be similar to how it creates the destination portal?

Aside from that, I have a couple questions, I want it to be clear. the ID: is the material that I use to build the portal, say, 04 for cobblestone. cobblestone will always create a portal on the other side, but it will be created out of the stuff that it needs to come back through? So, if world had cobblestone as id, and world_nether has obsidian... creating a portal to nether out of obsidian will create a portal made of cobble on the other end?

Sorry if I sound like I'm babbling, thick headed sometimes.. ok a lot of the time.

I also have an idea. Would anyone else consider it useful for the portals be made to be non-destructive to explosions? I like having the dangers of creepers, but creepers would be blowing up portals all the time! Since I can only use obsidian on one world's ID, anything else creepers will blow the crap out of for the other worlds.

6. Offline

codename_B

I like your idea there.

And yes. The id is the id to get there.

And no, damage invulnerability will not be added.

7. Offline

mdt7734

No big.. disabling creeper explosions pretty much makes everyone happy anyway =)

Ok, finally set up the mod and used it, and i tell ya, brilliant. now I don't have to teach anyone how to do portals it is so simple. and since they take you to the exact same point in space in the other worlds, even if it is open air, you have to make due and find a creative way to work it in, like a minecart track!

I'm using this along with the Inception plugin to fall from skylands to the main world, they play very nice together.

love it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  8. Offline

codename_B

Someone gets it :D

9. Offline

TheInternalFilms I steal plugins as my own

I wish I could be a devolper :( But I can only make simple welcome / leaving messages :(

Also can you use existing world to go there

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

codename_B

Yes, thats the idea behind the portals.
    It's really nothing special.

11. Offline

TheInternalFilms I steal plugins as my own

So hwo doyou do this ! Lol!

erm went on irc and i got kicked saying i was a plugin stealer?!

12. Offline

MCreation

WHAT DO I DOOOO

while scanning a simple key
    in "<reader>", line 40, column 12:
    pinapp.portal.travel
    ^

13. Offline

codename_B

I have an array of minions.
    Get yourself some minions.
    You need better minions.

14. Offline

mdt7734

Lol.

15. Offline

Blingdaddy1

didnt work

16. Offline

FrenchTart

So..this plugin seems to cause players to be especially susceptible to fire/lava damage once they have been through a portal. The only way to stop them pretty much insta-dying after having been to another world is for them to log in/out again.

17. Offline

codename_B

Explain?

18. Offline

FrenchTart

Okay..tested this on a server with nothing but Pinapp.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a portal to another world
    Go through this portal and run to some fire - you'll get killed super quickly compared to normal

This also occurs if you portal back to the normal world or portal to a third world, etc.

Logging out and in again sorts the problem.

Could it be something to do with your use of "player.setMaximumNoDamageTicks(2);" in PinappPortal.java ? (my java is super rusty..)

19. Offline

codename_B

That line is put there to prevent the player from getting damaged when they teleport.

EDIT: don't run into fire then?

20. Offline

FrenchTart

Well, it was a complete guess. I was trying to be more helpful than just saying "it's broken" :)

Your plugin is causing an issue so "don't run into fire" isn't really a suitable fix. It is an almost instantaneous killing of the player, causing massive annoyance and basically meaning we'll have to stop using your plugin.

Could it be that you should be using player.setNoDamageTicks rather than 'maximum'?

21. Offline

codename_B

You got it, thanks for the help :D
    Will be pushing an update to my github and fixing this next release.

22. Offline

FrenchTart

You're welcome. Any ETA on the release? I'm not trying to pressure you. I'll probably try and compile it myself for my server at least in the meantime.

23. Offline

codename_B

It'll be released on BukkitDev within the next 2-3 days.
    No more forum releases I'm afraid.

24. Offline

FrenchTart

Fair enough. Cheers for the info.

25. Offline

JMaasing

So that is what happened to me in the nether when I tested Pinapp, ghast fireballs are hard to avoid sometimes :) So yes, instant fry, all you hear is a stuttering sound and die.

Another, I wouldn't call it bug but more "feature", I built a portal smack against a glass wall in my house. Set fire to it, teleported through, when I TP:d back it generated the stone slabs at the base (haven't looked at the source, because one side was air?).
    Now in itself that just gave my house a stone balcony but it also moved the portal one block east, into where the glass wall used to be. Creative re-modelling, it actually looks pretty cool so no complaints, free portal balcony ftw :)

Cheers,
    /JM

26. Offline

Blingdaddy1

how do i install it???

27. Offline

FrenchTart

Him, sorry to nag but any news on this update being pushed to BukkitDev?

28. Offline

codename_B

Already there.

29. Offline

FrenchTart

Are you sure? BukkitDev says that the file was updated 5 days ago and when I've installed this updated file the bug still persists.

30. Offline

codename_B

Oh, then I didn't push the right update.

Here, have the dev build straight from github.

http://star.aquitros.info:8080/job/Pinapp/27/