[TP/MECH] Blink v1.0.2 - Teleport to your cursor instantly [818-1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by tustin2121, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Offline

undeadmach1ne

nice =)

2. Offline

tustin2121

I am not familiar with this PermissionsEx thing. So probably the latter. Is it a different plugin from Permissions 3 (TheYeti)? Because 3 is the only version of Permissions I tested it with.

Edit: so I looked at PermissionsEx and, yes, it is a completely different plugin. It has a compatability layer with Permissions 2 (TheYeti's old stuff) but not with Permissions 3. Fortunately, I built the permissions system in Blink to be very easy to add other systems to, so if I find out how to incorporate PermissionsEx, I can.

Version 1.0.1:
    - Added support for PermissionsEx :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  3. Offline

mistersquirrle

:D:D thanks :) I'm new to the whole server mod thing, so I'm playing around with stuff, and I thought that PermissionsEx looked better than TheYeti's Permissions plugin, I didn't think about compatibility stuff

tustin2121 likes this.
  4. Offline

ryanjjjj

This is a cool idea and all but I just dont see much point in taking credit for other plugins

5. Offline

tustin2121

I have no idea what you mean, nor what you're insinuating. I'm not taking credit for other plugins. I'm taking credit for this one and that's it*. Are you saying that because this plugin has the same core functionality as another plugin that I'm taking credit for another plugin? That's like saying (since it is on my mind) that author of PermissionsEx is taking credit for Permissions3 because he took the idea and built a plugin from the ground up that has similar functionality but more of what he was looking for in a plugin.

*Actually, I also take credit for MCSignOnDoor, which is awesome and server owners should check out. :) </shameless plug>

6. Offline

ryanjjjj

i do see your point i was mostly curious of why you made this plugin, with no offense to you as a plugin writer should be respected (i ensure you i am no troll lol) i was actually just in the process of adding "magicspells" plugin to my server and saw your plugin for blink, its interesting to see a programer that writes for what they see in a plugin rather then for everyone else (the plugin lasts longer when motivated).

7. Offline

mistersquirrle

I don't think your PermissionsEx compatibility works :x at least not for me unless I'm doing it wrong. -blink.* should make them not be able to do it at all, but I'm still able to without permission

8. Offline

tustin2121

Fair enough, no offense taken. I made this plugin, actually, because I saw magic spells and wanted to have the Blink spell, without all the rest of the spells, nor the whole spell framework surrounding it. I also wanted to make a plugin for a while, and I figured other people might want the same, so I made it and published it.

Hey, if you go with the magic plugin, which has blink in it, it's fine by me. I built mine for those who don't want the huge magic system just to get the really handy blink spell. (I also didn't have WorldEdit at the time, which also has blink functionality, which I have yet to try, actually) I'm also working on getting a unique plugin out there, though that's proving a lot harder. :)

Okay, checklist:
    • You edited plugins/Blink/config.properties. Inside, the usePermission property is set to "pex" or "permissionex". If it is set to "none" (the default), Blink will not connect to any permissions and will allow everyone to blink.
    • You edited your permissions.yml file so that ONLY THOSE YOU WANT TO BLINK have any blink permissions (I recommend using "blink.core.*" for members rather than "blink.*", but the latter will work regardless).
    • When you start up bukkit, Blink DOES print the line "Attached PermissionsEx as PermissionAuthority" (indicating successful linkup).
    Edit: Remember when dealing with Permissions plugins that you are setting "positive permissions", ie, listing a permission under someone GIVES them the authority to do that. Only in special cases (and in Bukkit's built-in permissions) are there "negative permissions"; those special cases usually involve the word "deny". Blink does not have any deny permissions.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  9. Offline

General Gilliam

I'm having a problem with Permissions as well. I'm not getting the "Attached Permissions as PermissionsAuthority" message. I'm using Permissions 3.1.6 (Yeti). Here's my config if it helps, maybe something's incorrect?

10. Offline

tustin2121

Well, I can tell you that the Config file has not yet updated - that's a version 1 config file, and the latest version of blink updated the config file to version 2. Could you post the console output?

11. Offline

General Gilliam

Just redownloaded the latest version, and the config file is updated now. It's attaching and working fine with Permissions 3. Thanks!

tustin2121 likes this.
  12. Offline

The_Guest

Hey, would it be possible for you to add the ability to consume multiple of one item on use? It would be really helpful on my server, thanks. Or better yet, do you have the src somewhere that I can edit it?

13. Offline

tustin2121

After downloading this update, put a number instead of "true" for the consumeItem option in config.properties. :)

Also, for others, please don't ask for consuming several types of items. At that point, you've gone into the magic plugin territory and you might as well download one of those plugins; this plugin is an ease-of-use get-around-quickly plugin, not a consume-reagents plugin. I almost didn't do this request specifically for this reason.

--------------------------

Version 1.0.2:
    - Added ability to consume more than one item.

14. Offline

The_Guest

Wow, awesome thanks a bunch!

tustin2121 likes this.
  15. Offline

eding300

how i can use this tool??? theres no description..
    all of these postet tools doesnt work for me pls help...

16. Offline

tustin2121

1) I refer you to the original post:

2) Is there any specific functionality that you need help on? Like... "postet"? What does that mean?

17. Offline

EliastheNewbie

Is there anyhow i can just blink by right-/left-clicking at the location whilst holding an item? I tried to use /blink useitem and i tried /b l, /b c and /b t. I can't do it :/ And if theres no such function. Could you add that? Because that's what i'm looking for. :)

18. Offline

ACStache

@EliastheNewbie there's a couple settings in the config to let you use an item :)
    consumeItem=(true/false)
    useItem=(true/false)
    blinkItem=(ID#)

My 3 of those are:
    consumeItem=false
    useItem=true
    blinkItem=2256

so: it does not consume an item when I blink. it does use an item to let you /blink, and my blink item is a gold music disc.

19. Offline

tustin2121

It is already in the plugin. Hold the blink item (by default, a feather) in your hand and right click on a location that you can see. useItem is set true by default, so if you install the plugin, you should be able to use it right away.

Are you trying to use blink on someone else's server? Because in that case, they may have not given you permission to use the blink item, in which case Blink will give no indication that it is there. In that case, see if you can use /blink (or /b, which is the same command). Also, the proper commands are /bl, /bc, and /bt, (no space between) which will blink you using local mode, column mode, and thru mode respectively. :)

20. Offline

Alarmclock314

Anyway to edit the messages that pop up when unable to blink and when out of blinking materials?

21. Offline

mjewl

hi, and thanks for a wonderful plugin.
    i have one little question, I've seen in the settings-file that the max distance is set to 60.
    is it possible for me to change that to another value like say the double, or even more?
    or will that give me errors/problems? :)

as for now i think the blinking-distance is a bit low and would like to make it longer.

22. Offline

maciak

Hi,
    Is there any chance to update this plugin for minecraft 1.2.3?

23. Offline

tustin2121

Are you saying that this plugin has continued to work through all iterations since 1000? Because that would be simply amazing.

Honestly, I have long since stopped support for this plugin, since I've been a) using WorldEdit and the like to do my blinking, and b) flying using creative mode. I assume moving to 1.2.3 would break things due to the increased height limit (anything above 127 would fall into the protection I had against looping to bedrock and it would ignore it).

Honestly I haven't played minecraft in a while, and I haven't utilized this plugin for even longer. If you, or anyone else, would want to try and fix it up, be my guest - the source is on github, likely linked in the OP. If there's any questions, I can help, don't hesitate to ask me. But as for me, I've moved on to other, non-minecraft projects, which will be earning me money when finished. Sorry. :/

Edit: No, sorry, the source is NOT up on github, like I thought. Apparently, this project is so old I did not have my github account yet. I will upload it to github and proceed to link it.

Edit: Ok, here is the link to the github repository: https://github.com/tustin2121/BukkitBlink

24. Offline

notrub

Yes, your plugin worked up til 1.2.3 and I loved it.
    If someone were to update it to support the latest version, they would be considered awesome.

25. Offline

bobikutya2

Hi! I love your plugin, but it is not working with the latest bukkit build. I couldnt find any better than this. Please make an update

26. Offline

md_5

Long time no see tustin2121. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5