[TP] Homes System v1.0 - Infinite Named Homes [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by isamgray, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Offline

isamgray

Homes - Infinite Named Homes
    Version: v1.0​
    This plugin gives you a good homes feature set. People can create an infinite amount of homes, and name them whatever they like. They can also overwrite previously made homes just by using the same /sethome command. Two different users can have a house named the same thing, and it won't conflict with them.​
    Features:
    • Makes "/sethome <homename>" set the current location of the player to the house they have it named in the command.
    • Makes "/home <homename>" warp you back to the home named in the command.
    • All data storage is handled with SQLite, so it's fast, and quick to run and use.
    • Infinite homes can be made by a player.
    • Players can name their homes the same thing, and yet they won't conflict at all.
    Change Log:

Version 1.0
    • Just the initial release with the features listed above.

2. Offline

Bruno Lanevik

Wouldn't this make it more into like a warp plugin?

3. Offline

isamgray

I'm using it for homes on my server, and that's what I designed it for.

4. Offline

Plague

title is missing plugin version and CB version tag

5. Offline

isamgray

Sorry, fixed.

6. Offline

Jaker232

If you are able to do so, add like Permissions support, and if you do add a node that restrict a player from setting x homes, like "homesystem.sethomes.x" (x is a variable, it has to be set or else it won't work) and I'll use this plugin on my server.

7. Offline

isamgray

I'm very sorry, but I'm not familiar with permissions at all. If you give me some information or a place where I can learn about permissions I may be able to do this. I'm new to the MC Server scene as a whole, as well as to Java, so ya...Thanks for the suggestion though!

8. Offline

Jaker232

@isamgray Look up Permissions 3.1.6 and look at how to hook into the API. Very well written.

9. Offline

isamgray

Ok, thanks. Will do.

10. Offline

yourock129

if you regularly do "/sethome" with no name following it, can it set a home such as a main home? So then you can do "/home" without a name and be teleported to your main house? for quick measures.

11. Offline

isamgray

Not in the plugin's current state, but that's a nice idea. I'll add that to my to-do list.

12. Offline

achap1989

How about a home cap? via permissions? or config file?

13. Offline

leiger

I'd like to be able to configure a delay before the player is sent to their home (i.e. just use a timer).

This would make the plug-in less useful when trying to escape from mobs, as they'd have to stay alive an extra 5 seconds or so before they TP to their house, rather than it being instant.

Other than that... it sounds great! I'm about to try it now. Definitely prefer these plug-ins that only do a few specific things.

Another concern after testing it is that it doesn't seem to record the direction that you are facing when you set home. Sure, this is a minor thing... but I'd really like to see it implemented :)

Thanks,
    Shane

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  14. Offline

isamgray

I'll look into doing that.

If that's your concern, I may be able to do something better than that for you. I could make it so only when the user is "safe", AKA, not targeted by a mob, that they can use the home feature.

Noted, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I'll probably add that in soon.

15. Offline

leiger

Sounds good!

As I said, it's a minor issue. But it would make the plugin feel a little more rounded off / perfect.

16. Offline

achap1989

Maybe add buttons by using spout that will allow you to click `to take you home. and right click to cycle through your homes.

17. Offline

Johnl

A very useful command to be added;
    /listhomes
    Also for deleting named homes no longer in use;
    /removehome [name]

18. Offline

Stigern

I miss that feature too.