[TP/FIX] uNether v0.1 - Get back to your own nether portal [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ulrar, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Ulrar

uNether - Get back to your own portal !
    Version: v0.1

By default, when you create nether portals in your world, only the first created one is used when coming back from the nether.
    With uNether, the portal you used to go in the nether is saved, and when you'll want to come back on world, you will arrive on the portal you used before.
    It's a very simple plugin, just place it in plugins folder, and that's it !

Features:
    • Allow all players of the server to use correctly their own nether portals
    Download uNether
    Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 0.1
    • Releasing the plugin. Allowing player to get back to their portal when comming back from nether

Comming:
    • Configuration file
    • Two modes : First where everyone get on the same place on the nether (current), and second where each world portal is linked to an other portal at the same place in the nether.

zon, GROMkill, Tadas159 and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

RugRats

Useful for my server to :)

3. Offline

PaiN_fuL

Its not bringing us back to the exact portal we go through. It is taking us to a different one in a random cave.

4. Offline

Koltrast

It doesn't work for me, I'm always coming out of the same portal when going out from the nether, no differance what portal I go through on my way there. I'm using cb1000 and I use MultiVerse to manage my worlds.

5. Offline

Ulrar

PaiN_ful. are you using MultiVerse too ?
    Never tried with it, may be it come from it.

Do you have any error in the server console ?

6. Offline

Xertez

same thing happens to me. i'm not sure how to fix it

7. Offline

James58321

simply doesn't work. no log error messages, even deleted my nether folder. everything in essentials is allowed, and it still doesn't work. Fail.

8. Offline

Ulrar

With the RB1000 or an other ?
    Do you use MultiVerse ?

9. Offline

Xertez

i am at 1060 and yes i use multiverse.

10. Offline

Ulrar

MultiVerse redefine the way of nether portal are used, I didn't tried but I bet it is just overriding uNether.

May be I could modify the priority of uNether, need to be tried.

11. Offline

Buckethead

ty works great simple and love it

i have this problem to my worlds are name "new" and so i have "new_nether"

this doesnt seem to be workin for me. i have netherenabled in server properties. i make a portal and travel to one that already exsists in nether. when i come back it spawns me in the somewhere else on map and makes a new portal for me there everytime. i destroy and keep making new portals but it wont take me back to them just mkes one in same spot o my normal map everyttme. oh and everytime i use a portal on either side or world that it say updating cornates. plz help like the idea of this but not working it seems

i take that back now MOST of the time this happens. it works when it feels like it. 1 thing i noticed is this seems to happen when idont build the base in the ground.

EDIT: Yes this only happens when i dont put base in ground. can this be fixed

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  12. Offline

Ulrar

I have to reinstall my Linux, I can't dev for now.
    And I have lots of work this time, but I'll try to find why this is happening.

I'll try to reproduce this bug these days, never seen it before !
    What version are you using ? Do you use MultiVerse ?
    For the worlds names, I'll ad the fix ASAP.

13. Offline

Buckethead

no multivere and i have bukkit 060

14. Offline

Deathfromace

I thought 1.8 was going to fix this issue but guess i'm re-downloading this plugin..thanks for making it :D

15. Offline

Draqo

This plugin is amazing! I can't believe no one else has made this plugin!

Also, could you please make it so that the text saying that it has saved the coordinates, can be disabled in config or something?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

Segatendo

Does this work with build #1185? It doesn't seem to.

17. Offline

Buckethead

still does in 1337 i think. everytime i travel through portal it generated ine back in my reguar world as opposed to the one i already built. so no actually it doesnt work i think but iv never seen any console errors with it

18. Offline

Leon Philips

Love it, no bugs spotted yet in bukkit build: 1519
    Good job:) ! I am looking forward to the config file! ;)

19. Offline

Buckethead

Im still havig the error where if i make a portal in my normal world it will take me to the nether but when i go back through the portal i came in, in generates a new portal in he middle of nowhere and that process repeats it oesnt remember where i came from in the normal world. im using 1.8.1 and there are never any errors reported. plz help.

so is this dead or what cuz ive poster errors for 3 mnths coming on now

20. Offline

hqSparx

fix please, random portal linking is pissing me off

21. Offline

charlienutsak

please fix this. it would be really nice to use. and it doesnt work anymore...

22. Offline

Pixiio

niceee

23. Offline

GROMkill

Has anyone tried this on CB 1550 and above?

24. Offline

NEREVAR117

Can this PLEASE be updated? Notch and Jeb are too incompetent to fix the issue and we need plugin developers to do it. :(

25. Offline

aerd2

Update please

26. Offline

ChrisX930

I want a update for 1.0.1-RC1 D:

27. Offline

RaesWolf

has anyone even tried it on RC1? would be nice cause we need this or something like this on my server!

28. Offline

Asura23

I have this on my R1 server (1597) and looks like it still working without problem,....
    except that the world folder MUST be named "world" and nothing else,...

And I'm curious if this could be made also backwards,...
    Example: Player creates it's own portal and enter Nether.... he's currently get ported to some public place and then he walks away on some distand place, create netherwart farm and his own portal back to world,... It port him back to portal, but when he's want back to Nether it port him again to that public place,...
    Current Function: When player enter World portal, it saves its position, so he get's back thru it.
    New Fuction: When player enter Nether portal, it's could also save its positions, so it actually link only there two portals for him,...

29. Well I've fixed that in my version. Also, it is possible for a server with multiple world and multiple nethers to use my plugin. It's just a update to this code and compiled against the latest craftbukkit, I hope the Ulrar will understand this.

Here is the link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/umultinether/

harakiwi likes this.
  30. Offline

MagikarpLOL123

Doesnt work with the latest version.

31. does it work in R3+ ???