Inactive [TP/CHAT] DeathTpPlus V 3.9.16.2262 -DeathNotify, DeathTP, Tombstones, Tomb and more [CB 1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Don Redhorse, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Don Redhorse

DeathTpPlus announces a death with a random message based on the death cause and allows you to teleport to the point of death It can also create a TombStone at the place you died to let you save your inventory (aka DeadMansChest).You can also create a tomb sign which can be used as respawn point and as a place of information of how often you died and what your last death cause was.

Take a look, thanks to BrandonHopkins

Based on the original plugin from lonelydime. Integrates a fork of furt from cenotaph and tomb from Belphemur. And code from mung3r!
    Supports

DeathTP

• Use /deathtp to teleport back to where you died.
    • Optional: Charge a player an item to teleport (must be in the player's hand).
    • Optional: Vault support for economies
    DeathNotify

• Customizable messages for every kind of death.
    • Supports multiple messages per kind of death, chosen randomly when someone dies.
    • Custom colors per message.
    • PvP messages that show the attacker as well as what they killed with. Item names have been cleaned up to look pretty.
    • Optional: Show tombstones where someone died and how they died.
    • Optional: CraftIRC support
    TombStone

• Create a TombStone where you die and save your inventory.
    • Highly Configurable via Permissions
    • More Info on the TombStone Page
    Tomb

• Create a Tomb Sign which holds the following information: The name of the player, the number of times he died and what was the last cause.
    • Can be used as respawn point after death
    • There can be more than one Tomb
    • You can configure if the respawn point is based upon the world the player is in or across worlds
    • More Info on the Tomb Page
    Other stuff

• Streaks (Show a custom message when someone has killed a custom set of people or died a custom amount of times.)
    • DeathLogs (Show the total number of times somebody died)
    • MultiKills (Well... you know.... quake style... no sound though :) )
    • Need a simpler version with only messages? DeathNotifier
    • More Info on the DeathTpPlus Page
    Install / Update / Permissons / Bugs / ChangeLog etc?

Dev.bukkit

Downloads & Support

Dev.bukkit

Todo

• Upcoming Features
    • MAJOR Internal Reworking (that is really necessary)
    • Updates to RB of CB

2. Offline

Tanite

I was thinking about this earlier but I wasn't going to say anything, butttttt... since you mention a cleanup :)

I would like to see a cleanup/organization of the config and especially the terminology. We have tombstones and tombs, and I still have to look up the difference sometimes. We have some signs that go on the ground, and some on top of chests, we have "DeathTP" and "DeathNotify" (both containing the word Death, which maybe doesn't need to be there because everything in the plugin is about dying).

I guess one thing I'd suggest is to make it very easy for non-technical users to get just simple death chest + sign behavior out of the box, ala the old deathchest plugins, and then to have a section(s) for addon features like dynmap or tp-back. I'm pretty technically adept and I get a bit lost in the config. The whitespace and multiple comment lines is maybe contributing. As for some renames, some off-the-top-of-my-head suggestions:

- Call the feature that catches your stuff in a chest just "DeathChests." It leaves no question about what it does.
    - We have signs on the ground and signs that go on top of the deathchests. Maybe we could call the former "GroundSigns" (again leaving no confusion), and the latter "DeathChestSigns."
    - DeathNotify is ok, but since we're calling them messages in the filename that contains them, maybe just call them plain old "DeathMessages."
    - DeathTp: You could call that GhostWalk if you want to be cute with it. Maybe that's dumb though (and more vague).

I know you're working with other people's code a bit and I know how quickly things can get messy since I've programmed. I do very much like some of the things you've done since picking this up: the dynmap integration, your coloring and variety of death messages is just superior to anything I've seen in other plugins in a year (some of them are actually funny too! --usually I have to funny-fy other people's attempts but I haven't touched yours :p).

I'm gonna go look at the Cenotaph update but feel free to tag me if you get some re-writing going and I'll be happy to help test/suggest.

Thanks.

3. Offline

Don Redhorse

Thanks for the input

I agree on most, the problem did arise because I did mix tombstone aka deathchest aka cenotaph with tomb (which is really just a sign and a respawn point) and deathtp which has the tp back to deathpoint, the messages and the streak stuff.

I already thought about making a pictures pointing out the different things (deathsigns etc).

Buttttt... since you mentioned it..

I think some redoing of the words would also be nice, that also means of course that the new variables come without you doing anything by yourself... the variables just change. :)

I think I will do that...

Oh... btw: you are always welcome to send some funny stuff in my direction to integrate it, some areas are really lacking.

4. Offline

Tanite

I will if I think of some good ones :)

I might also be so bold as to suggest a plugin rename (eee!)... maybe DeathChest (if it's not taken atm, which maybe says to users, "I'm the defacto solution for this problem" - it's also unmistakable as what it does), or StuffSaver if you want something more snazzy. Probably every plugin could put "Plus" on the end, since they do multiple things, so that feels kind of vague, and "DeathTP" doesn't seem like the primary feature of the plugin, which really boils down to helping you... save your stuff. Just throwing ideas at the wall :)

Thanks for the response.

5. Offline

Don Redhorse

hehe... well DeathTpPlus WAS the original plugin.. the rest is from Cenotaph and Tomb... so I doubt it will change..

perhaps to a totally different name, on the other side... don't know... atm around 1000 server are using this plugin, most servers use DeathTpPlus, a little less Tombstone and a little less than that Tomb..

6. Could you please add Tombs that charge money per use? Like the old Tomb plugin had.
    I would really appreciate that. :)

7. Offline

Don Redhorse

you mean for teleporting to the death location?

hmm... I could use the same amount as for deathtp in that case.. otherwise per tomb you create?

8. Offline

migsthegod

Hi again,

How about a feature to list the top /kills?
    Like a top 5 player kills list :)

9. Offline

MCCrafterRene

Please update it

10. Offline

Don Redhorse

well it IS up to date... at least the dev-builds are... I will probably make a new official build tomorrow to prepare for R5

nice idea... perhaps after I have rewrote the configuration section... atm it is just a mess..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  11. Yeah I ment teleporting to the death location. Having it cost as much as deathtp would be perfect :)

12. Offline

Don Redhorse

well, I need to redo a lot.. I will keep this in mind

Xickle likes this.
  13. Offline

JohnPulse

Hi there!

I'm loving this plugin, but I have a little question that might be a little noobish.
    The plugin is working great on my server but I want the signs that result of players death, on the location of the death, to disapear after a while.
    Can this be done? What is the option that control this?

Thank you for your hard work!

Best gerards,
    John

14. Offline

Don Redhorse

[quote uid=104847 name="JohnPulse" post=980126].
    The plugin is working great on my server but I want the signs that result of players death, on the location of the death, to disapear after a while.
    Can this be done? What is the option that control this?
    [/quote]
    thanks. atm this is not possible, I could add that as an option after the recode.

To ALL:

I'm trying to fix bugs atm, mainly that of tombs derestering when a chunk isn't loaded. Sympton of that is that the Sign is still there but the Sign isn't updated anymore. I already tried several things but still no luck.

Everything else looks quite ok, well there is always room for improvement though.

So what is the future?

a) a release of 3.9.0.R5 (whatever build number that is)
    b) a new branch to redo the config (which means no enhancements or minor fixes till e))
    c) a new config (hopefully better explained with new "wordings" for example DeathChest instead of TombStone) (don't be afraid, autoconvert, promised!)
    d) completely new structure of the code (which will help adding new features, but will also mean that some options will go away)
    e) a simpler to configure plugin which is ready for new features, release 4.0.0.whatever build we have
    f) new features coming

so between 3.9.0.R5 you will only see major bug fixes or added mobs which are introduced in new versions of minecraft.

The dev-builds should already work on world higher 128 and R5, so 3.9.0R5 is just really similar to a RB.

And when 4.0.x.yyyy comes out the plugin should be a lot cleaner and easier to configure.

You will always be able to try the 4.0.x.yyyy branch dev-build if you want, the jar on github will / should alwas work, if you read the commits you should have an idea.

Part of the work will be done by me, and I hope mung3r will also do part of his magic on the code.

Up to that I can only recommend adding feature requests via github... I will create the necessary milestones today.

Tanite and others... feel free to comment on the issues... shape the future of DeathTpPlus... and the new config.

#74: 1. Redo Configuration - Issues - dredhorse/DeathTpPlus - GitHub <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  15. Offline

omega3141

Is there a way to make the deathsign dissapear, much like the chest when quicklooted. Were all ending up with lots of signs :). Can they be made unpickuppable, with perhaps a limit or/and expire time. say allow a couple then start expiring old ones as new ones pop up. or remove with the quick loot . This is the sign next to the chest, i think i dissabled
    the one on top as teleporting to it puts you on top and that meant an extra block height which meant not always landing on the chest if ceiling was low if i recall right

16. Offline

Don Redhorse

JohnPulse also asked for it... 2 or 3 posts to the top.. to posts of yours higher up you will see some details of what is comming... so perhaps yes.. but I can't promise

17. Offline

Don Redhorse

fixed some issues and make it run with R6

18. Offline

muggerfugger

can this be updated for the 1.2.3 beta+ please?

19. Offline

Don Redhorse

so what's the problem?

20. Offline

muggerfugger

it doesnt work

21. Offline

thevoiceless

I'm getting the following error when people die:
    I see the "Caused by" line mentions WorldGuard; I do not have WorldGuard and I didn't think it was required for this plugin. I'm using v1986 of the plugin on the latest recommended build (R6). I have tried deleting the files created by the plugin and letting it regenerate them, but that did not fix the error.

Death messages show successfully, and the player sees "Inventory empty" if they were not carrying anything. It appears that creating the chests is the only thing not working. I do not have Tombs (the signs) enabled.

22. Offline

Cobra289

^^^^^ Samething..

23. Offline

muggerfugger

k sorry. i've must've been using an older version. i downloaded the last one, and it seems to work okay, but it makes a sign o nthe chest, and also one next to (tombstone), but the tomestone sign is blank.

24. Offline

Don Redhorse

booh.. is that still in... need to check that I thought I had that fixed.. yeah sorry there was an issue with an if statement which would not let you create the tombstone if you don't have worldguard.

Expect a fix soon probably today, latest tomorrow if I have Internet.

hmm could you post a picture? Which version of CB? Anything in the logs? Which version of DeathTpPlus?

25. Offline

muggerfugger

i dont see any errors in the log, only thing related is
    [DeathTpPlus] Successfully saved TombStone list

i believe im using DeathTpPlus v 3.9.1.1986 that you posted yesterday, i see you made another update so i'll try that

[picture:

[​IMG]

i have everything pretty much set up as i did on 1.1, and i worked on 1.1. Tired using the old config, still did this so i let it generate a new config, which didnt help either,
    but trying your updated version.

edit:
    still doing it with the
    DeathTpPlus v 3.9.2.1986
    ha i just noticed they have the same file version :p

26. Offline

Don Redhorse

hmm that is strange, could you enable the debug log? also what do you mean with having the same fileversion?

27. Offline

colin5789

I'm having the same problem

Also is it possible for non ops to have chest created without a chest in their inventory? A chest spawned without one in their inventory in older versions. (I looked through the config serval times)

28. Offline

muggerfugger

im not too sure how to do a debug log, but i'll look into it

nvm about the file version. i see the newer one has a 2 in it haha :p

29. Offline

Don Redhorse

puuh.... ok.. the debug log will be the server log, just with a lot of more stuff in it... a LOT more stuff

30. Offline

domdomrys

I can't enable the plugin when deathmessages.yml is edited? I have 2 messages for PVP and when I load bukkit it says that '31 messages loaded for PVP' and so on. It keeps the deafult number. When its done loading it just showas up with an error and somewhere there there is DeathTpPlus. Here's a screenshot Untitled.png

31. Offline

Don Redhorse

are you running R7? disable autoupdate checking and try again..