[TOOL][WIP] ParticleEngine

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Foxvific, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Foxvific

I've been working on a ParticleEngine for the past few days, and I've decided why not create a thread relating to the situation.

When a developer is writing a plugin that utilize particles, that's where my ParticleEngine comes into place, it helps with particles a tiny bit, so you barely have to do any work!
    Code:
       @Override
          public boolean onCommand(CommandSender sender, Command command, String label, String[] args) {
                Player player = (Player) sender;

SpiralTask task = new SpiralTask(Particle.builder()
                        .withType(ParticleType.FLAME)
                        .withLocation(new DisplayPoint(player.getLocation(), DisplayFilter.EVERYONE.filter()))
                        .withSpeed(0.03f)
                        .build()
                );

task.radius(5);
                task.increment(5);
                task.makeSolid();
                task.delay(3);

Looks simple enough? Well it is!
    I'm using IntelliJ to create this project. No, there isn't anything special when comparing IDEA vs Eclipse, however I just prefer to use it when creating Java applications/plugins.
    The project will be open-sourced and hosted on GitHub for pull requests / project forks, however until then have fun waiting for the engine to finish!.

Regablith and BrickBoy55 like this.
  2. Offline

ChipDev

Oh my.
    This is awesomeness to a whole new level, and if you need any help with some maths, contact @Skionz, or Me :p (@Slikey is a good idea also if none of us are here). We helped make some cool particle stuff; I should document some actually.
    TLDR: I got a little off topic ;P Love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.