Solved Timer Issue

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Aragone, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Aragone

Hi there,

I did a timer but I don't know why the arguments into it are executed a lot of time. I want to do that just one time. This timer was given to me in the past by @KarimAKL .

Do you have any issue ?

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted code to keep passwords safe, never post those, long live configs>

BukkitRunnable into the PlayerMoveEvent

What I want to do is : The player is detected on the block, wait any time, and execute.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2019
  2. Offline

KarimAKL

@Aragone It's probably because it's inside the PlayerMoveEvent and gets called a lot of times.
    Btw, you can do '0.2f' or 'o.2F' instead of '(float) 0.2'.
    EDIT: Just in case you are wondering why it would call a lot of times even though it's inside an if statement. I would guess that's because getX() gets rounded. e.g. -104.4 = -104, -103.9 = 104, etc.

3. Offline

Aragone

It doesn't work... I have to put an int because the game can't detect too precise coordinates

4. Offline

Kars

You should use Math.round() instead of casting to an int.

I can't say for sure but @KarimAKL is probably right. The task gets scheduled multiple times because the move event gets fired multiple times.

You could keep a list of players for which the task is scheduled. Inside the task, as the last statement, remove the player from that list. Do not schedule a task for a player when he exists in the list. Simple.

5. Offline

Aragone

I solved the problem. I put a variable which check if the event has been started.

6. I would recommend changing your DB password and also moving that to a config.

KarimAKL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.