Filled Throwable Axes

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Ventality, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Offline

Ventality

Plugin category: EXAMPLE

Suggested name: Throwable Axes

What I want: I need a plugin where you right click any axe it throws it and if it hits a player it does the damage that axe does. When you throw it at some one it than drops using 1 durability.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: No permissions needed for this plugin.

When I'd like it by: ASAP.

2. Offline

JoTyler

Hmm .. I will try this .

3. Offline

CeramicTitan

I don't think this is possible.

4. Offline

Ventality

It is, I've seen this on a server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  5. Offline

CeramicTitan

Could you possibly PM me the ip?

6. Offline

Ventality

It was on Mineplex's Survival Games but they have removed the feature.

7. Offline

CeramicTitan

Could you describe the effect?

8. Offline

Ventality

It was just thrown, I'll see if some one made a video on it

9. Offline

CeramicTitan

the reason I want to know, is because I know how to do this in one way, but you can't guage damage with my way. So I want to see if they use a way that differs from mine.

10. Offline

kosmohgrbr

Does the axe disappear from the inventory or just hit the player, like an arrow, but continues on the inventory?

11. Offline

Ventality

12. Offline

kosmohgrbr

Ventality I only found one and an outdated plugin apparently doing this, which is ThrowThatItem.
    Well, the idea is good, and seems to be possible, and, since i'm not able to do this, i can only wish that someone does it for you. ;)

Ventality likes this.
  13. Offline

CeramicTitan

Ventality likes this.
  14. Offline

JRL1004

CeramicTitan Could you spawn a dropped form of the axe and set it to have a velocity of the player's directions (multiplied of course) then use PlayerPickUpItemEvent (or what ever it is called) to detect if it "hit" someone? Ifyou do then maybe to the get the item's current velocity in the event and use that velocity to decide if the item is to be considered a hit or just picked up?

15. Offline

CeramicTitan

I'm not sure if that would work. I would need to do some testing. If that doesn't work you would need to use protocolLib to collision check.

16. Offline

JoTyler

Well … since you guys seem to want to do this , go ahead .

17. Offline

Ventality

Are you able to make this?

18. Offline

JoTyler

They said they want to , so I'm not going to.

19. Offline

CeramicTitan

Out of curiosity I took an interest in it. I have no time to actually complete this. You can do it :)

20. Offline

JoTyler

Oh ok , well then Ventality i can not make it like the one in the video . BUT i can make it very similar .

21. Offline

Ventality

Huh?

How? :3

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

22. Offline

JoTyler

Ventality sorry , i can't make this …. Bump

23. Offline

RaininSwords

Umm.. well this request sounds a lot like the guns plugin, there is many out there. For example CrackShot, what you can do is name the gun something like "Tomahawk" set the gun ID to be a Diamond Axe then just set the ammo to be the Diamond Axe itself. Once the Axe is right clicked it will be removed from your inventory and the throwing animation will be a snowball, if you hit your target it will inflict damage. The only difference is that you cant pick it back up, thats it...

24. Offline

Langur

I will try to make it where if you right click with an axe, it will shoot an arrow because I am not that advanced in Java and this seems easy and i will add a command to enable and disable the "Axe Throwing"

25. Offline

JoTyler

RaininSwords That is exactly what i was going to do …. lol

26. Offline

RaininSwords

JoTyler lol, i've thought of doing it for my own server too, so when someone else asks i just had to tell em how

27. Offline

TryB4

Newby and Ventality like this.
  28. Offline

Ventality

29. Offline

TryB4

30. Offline

Ventality

TryB4 Great thanks! :D

TryB4 It sort of hurts the player who throws it when they get near it, and it some times depilates the axe :3