Thoughts on removing all permissions and then reasigining only specific perms per group (PEX)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by jaytelford, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jaytelford

Hi guys, hope this is the right place - I thought it was a discussion as I am looking for opinions rather than needing help with something.

Anyway, I am using PEX and I was just wondering what you guys thought about removing all permissions using

- -"*"

This would mean that all permissions were removed for all users. I could then assign the permissions that I wanted my default group to have, where were inherited by the moderator group - with additional permissions for moderators, and so on through admin and up to owner.

Also because I own the server, I have access to the console, which means I can do anything via the console, even if I don't have the permissions to do it in game. This would basically mean that I wouldn't need any greater permissions than the admins because if I needed to do something at owner level, I could use the console anyway.

My intention is to create a permissions file that tightly locks down the server and also so that nobody has the "*" permission at all.

What do you guys think of this idea? Is it something I should be doing and is it feasible?

Thanks for your thoughts
    Jay

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@jaytelford I would do the same personally, or at least remove unwanted permissions (or limit the plugins that add defaults)

3. Offline

jaytelford

I had thought that this was a good idea @timtower but wanted to get others opinions on how they ran their servers

4. Offline

CostelabrMn

Well, that is a pretty good idea, since your players will not be receiving permissions that you dont want to.
    But about the 'console thing', usually, permissions that arent attributed to any group are added to op ppl by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.