Things to watch out for when updating to 1.5

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by chaseoes, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chaseoes

• Hoppers can be used to "steal" items out of chests, effectively bypassing all chest protection plugins. If I recall, LWC has an option to prevent certain blocks from being placed near chests, this may fix this.
    • TNT can be dispensed from dispensers, and TNT Minecarts can be used, bypassing any TNT block placement restrictions you may have in place.
    Any others?

2. Offline

shellofchaos

for the tnt i suggest finding a plugin which just blocks any explosion until the update is finished.

3. Offline

Rasmenar

Anyone using WorldGuard for chest protection won't have to worry about the Hopper problem, as you would have to be a member/owner of a region to build a hopper there anyhow.

Clubbedforsaken likes this.
  4. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

This isnt really a problem but the block ID 44:7 changes to nether quartz, which will change any old double stone slab things (44:7) to nether quartz.

5. Offline

PseudoKnight

The hopper issue is mostly for locked chests or other containers, not region protection. (though regions would need a 1 block padding) So admins would need to consider the issue if they're using lockette, deadbolt, LWC, or a shop chest plugin. This applies to hoppers in minecarts too, so you can't just check for hopper placement.

I also have to wonder about recipe plugins with the new inventory management. It may not fire with all the new actions. And if it doesn't, this may or may not be an issue on your server depending on what you're doing. If you're blocking a certain recipe, this may be used to bypass.

Dispensers with flint&tinder will light fires.

Etc. Obviously there's new blocks and redstone stuff that will need to be supported by many plugins -- trapped chests, droppers, weighted pressure plates, comparators.

6. New inventory features. Might be that 64 events (inventory click) arrive in one go for a player , this could cause issues with inventory-watching / manipulating / logging plugins - not sure how CraftBukkit will handle this and if there is a way to make it one event for the new inv-tweak features.

It seems that the events for the distributing-features get sent in a bunch, once the player has decided / releases the button. I am not sure if the packets have a special action id - if so, a specialized event would be possible, otherwise it will be difficult to distinguish.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  7. Offline

LEOcab

Hahaha, the hopper issue brings bittersweet memories from my Tekkit days...

8. Offline

midnightfang22

LWC added an update to block people who don't own the block protection from placing a hopper near it.

9. I made a quick mock-up plugin (FiendlyHopper) which might be used as an alternative to total blacklisting of hoppers (WorldGuard, ChestShop, Lockette are supported: prevents crafting/placing minecart-hoppers, checks for protection for placing hopper-blocks). Temporary solution of course...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.