The remnants of Bukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by pookeythekid, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pookeythekid

This isn't a "Let's salvage Bukkit" or "Let's make a new Bukkit" thread.

This is simply to say thank you to whoever is left of Bukkit, and I know that you're not many. Thank you for staying on BukkitDev and keeping the hundreds--or are there thousands?--of existing plugins alive. You guys are truly dedicated to Bukkit.

2. pookeythekid The only people still actively working on it are Curse employees.

Gamecube762 likes this.
  3. Offline

pookeythekid

4. Offline

Gamecube762

Only one that has yet to resign is c0mp and DevBot, but nobody talks about DevBot.

5. Offline

pookeythekid

Ah, I thought so.

6. Offline

Jaaakee224

7. Gamecube762 I did say that the only ones 'actively' working on it. :p After all, if you just consider people who haven't publicly resigned since this whole thing (who aren't Curse employees), I give you the following list:
    • c0mp
    • DevBot
    • Dinnerbone
    • Grum
    • Wolvereness
    • EvilSeph

8. Offline

Gamecube762

AdamQpzm Well @EvilSeph's discontinuation of Bukkit post was kind of his resignation too.

I knew there were a few unannounced resignations, but only one that is still lurking around the forums to this day(out of your list) is c0mp. "@c0mp was last seen: Today at 5:14 AM"

9. Gamecube762 True, c0mp has been about recently, however he apparently has had no actual action since about March, so he's not really active.

And the announcement by EvilSeph was not a resignation. Not even slightly. After the announcement, he was forcibly removed, but his intention was definitely not for that post to be a resignation. In fact, he was even arguing his case in the #bukkit IRC channel the other day! As project lead, it was his responsibility to make the announcement. I think EvilSeph is in the best position to judge whether his post was a resignation post or not. That's probably why it was moved back out of the Staff Goodbyes section.

Gamecube762 likes this.
  10. Offline

Gamecube762

AdamQpzm Interesting, with the announcement and EvilSeph disappearing(forums wise) after it, most assumed that was his resignation and with it being moved to the Staff Goodbyes only added to that misunderstanding.

AdamQpzm likes this.
  11. Gamecube762 Maybe. But if one was to look at the content of the post, they'd see it doesn't even hint at EvilSeph leaving. And searching into the situation revealed that EvilSeph was removed, not resigned. As for the move of the thread, that was one of the reasons he demanded it be moved back - he categorised it as a "malicious misinterpretation".

12. It reads as a "this is the end" thread though, so he has to be well aware that likely would get interpreted as such ("time to say goodbye + code freeze + no 1.8 !?"). With that formulas you should be more forgiving for Mojang people in fear of Bukkit members to attempt a "malicious takedown", rather than the other way round, thus removing him is a somewhat understandable gesture.

Given the Microsoft business and all the silence+absence i don't say that anyone did a good job on handling anything so far.

13. Offline

Gamecube762

AdamQpzm
    So, I looked at the bottom of the log and found this:
    This explains some of the above posts.

14. asofold Whether or not EvilSeph should have been removed or not is a different argument - and is not what my point was about - and is a much more defendable argument, as I can understand that mojang might have seen him as a threat (again, I'm not getting into the whether or not he would have been a threat argument :p). An indefensible argument - and the point I was objecting to - was that he resigned, as this is not true. :)

15. Ok :). He did literally and effectively declare the project-death/end/resignation for the short/mid/long-term, though. So there was need to act from side of Mojang, to get a 1.8 build going, but i see that's not the focus of your post.

AdamQpzm likes this.
  16. Offline

pookeythekid

Whoa, didn't realize this thread got so many replies.

Gamecube762 Thanks for finding that piece of c0mp's chat. I find his response to all this pretty funny. It must have been a shock to him to turn on his computer and find Bukkit in chaos.

JaguarJo, AdamQpzm and Gamecube762 like this.
  17. Offline

Gamecube762

AdamQpzm likes this.
  18. Offline

pookeythekid

AdamQpzm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.