The Poll Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by UnseenMC Network, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Voting

Suggested name: PollsFREE

What I want: I would like a poll plugin. When you join the server the motd is presented to you and you are presented with a poll below it with configurable messages (100%) and a sound plays when it pops up. I would like it to be clickable. When you click on one of the options (configurable) it will play another sound and run a configurable amount of commands.

Ideas for commands:
    - /poll reload

Ideas for permissions:
    - /poll reload poll.reload
    - poll.use

When I'd like it by: Soon!

2. Offline

pie_flavor

3. Thank You! :D I have a feeling this will be very helpful to many server owners!
    Thanks Again!

4. Offline

pie_flavor

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  5. Offline

pie_flavor

@UnseenMC Network Lol, that was fail on my part. Config auto-generated and then broke because i used an apostrophe in a sentence inside single quotes (apostrophes). Just change any lines with apostrophes to use double quotes instead of single quotes.

6. Ok! I am just wondering, is this problem fixed? I do not have the ability to change the code on my computer right now. Can I have an updated download link? :)

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

You can edit the config yourself in the server.

8. Offline

pie_flavor

@UnseenMC Network I meant that last line as an instruction. The auto generated config is broken, and all you have to do is edit the config.yml file. In the event that something about the plugin is broken, the previously posted link will always point to the latest version.

9. mmm. Ok but when I do remove the ' from the config files and restart my server it still doesn't work. I can post an error log if needed to but when I run /polls it gives me this:
    {"translate":"commands.generic.notFound"}
    Any Help?

10. Offline

pie_flavor

@UnseenMC Network Hmm. What version of Minecraft are you using? I was using the sendRawMessage() to attempt to make it look like the command does not exist for someone trying to cheat the system. And /poll shouldn't do anything, only /poll reload. Also, please do post an error log.

11. Offline

teej107

That method isn't used for JSON. There isn't any way to directly send json messages with the Bukkit API. You have to use NMS or send the JSON via /tellraw

12. Offline

pie_flavor

@UnseenMC Network You may not have understood my request. Here is a line in the config:
    poll: 'What's 9 + 10?'
    Change to this:
    poll: "What's 9 + 10?"
    Just change all the single quotes to double quotes.

13. Offline

teej107

What's wrong with fixing your plugin?

Mrs. bwfctower likes this.
  14. Offline

pie_flavor

@UnseenMC Network Fixed the problems, either delete the config or edit as described. And /poll itself won't do anything, you have to do /poll reload.

Edit: @teej107 Didn't see you there, but did it anyway.

15. Offline

pie_flavor

@UnseenMC Network Then redownload the plugin. I have updated it to no longer have the faulty config.

16. ok :)
    Output:

17. Offline

pie_flavor

idk if its just me but I don't see anything after the word output.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.