The Crafting Game

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Blingdaddy1, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Offline

Blingdaddy1

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: Crafting Game

What I want: To start, players do /CraftingGame join [ArenaName] to join Crafting Game. They are teleported to a waiting lobby above the world that they are going to survive in. When a player joins a game, a message appears in chat, which reads [Crafting Game] NameHere has joined! [Amountin/29] A single game has a maximum slot of 29 players. The game needs 20 players to start. Once the game starts, they are teleported to the world that the waiting lobby is in. They have to survive for 20 minutes. PvP IS enabled! After the 20 minutes are up, the chat reads [Crafting Game] Prepare your minds, time to craft!]. After that, the server chooses a random item to craft. When the server chooses an item, it says [Crafting Game] Craft [enter item here]. 2 seconds after that message pops up, a crafting GUI opens. The fastest player to craft the item wins that round, and keeps the item. There are 5 minutes of free time after that, where players can survive some more. After 20 items are crafted, the player with the fastest time wins. Every time someone crafts the fastest, the chat reads [Crafting Game] NameHere has one this round, and has kept the item! After that, all players are teleported the the main lobby, and the game ends!
    Ideas for commands: Defaults: /CraftingGame join [ArenaName]
    Admins: (Implement with WorldEdit, or some region selecting plugin, or make your own)
    /CraftingGame CreateArena [ArenaName]
    /CraftingGame SetWaitLobby
    /CraftingGame Start
    /CraftingGame End
    /CraftingGame CraftThisTime (for admins to choose what item they want to be crafted next, for fun)

Ideas for permissions: CraftingGame.join (defaults)
    (admin)
    CraftingGame.*

When I'd like it by: Anytime!

2. Offline

MinerMovies

This is ingenious! Sadly, I am not a plugin developer :( But seriously, AWESOME IDEA! :D

3. Offline

Blingdaddy1

MinerMovies Thanks! My server is in dire need of custom gamemodes xD

4. Offline

MinerMovies

Blingdaddy1 What is the ip? and also my server needs custom gamemodes aswell xD I already have one tho

5. Sounds like a game of 'Who has the better connection'.

I like the concept, but players with better connection to a server would usually win.

6. Offline

Blingdaddy1

7. Blingdaddy1
    Every game in the world, even games played on LAN have lag, but a game like this, that requires the GUI to pop up, requires you to click items, and then requires the server to register that you placed the item in the correct pattern, then waiting for the item to pop up so you can take it out...It is a game of connection. Like I said, I'm not knocking the idea. The concept of the game makes it sound fun, but in reality, it wouldn't be as fun if someone with a better connection is always winning even if you did have it first.

8. Offline

Eagle_Eye_Magic

Sadly the issue about the lag will be a factor in the winner of the game, but I think that this will still be an interesting mini game. I'm going to go ahead and start working on it and if you can pm me your Skype so i can contact you and ask questions and such that would be great.