The Bukkit Consulting Firm - Solving all your Bukkit-related challenges!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M1sT3rM4n, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

2. Offline

JoeCarter14

3. Offline

MagikarpLOL123

It turns out it was my friends internet. He has multiple laptops connected at the same time plus an xbox and other devices so it was making him disconnect frequently. He knew this because it ran fine but when his family members came home and started connecting he started to disconnect more frequently.

4. Offline

connerreinhardt

I am running a server with Permissions 3.1.6 (Yeti) and using commandbook. Is there any way that I can give my users (in the "Admin" group) the ability to change their gamemode. I have tried giving the group the commandbook.gamemode.* node but it says they don't have permission. I have seen some other plugins for this but they all require the users to be OP to work. Server IP: LHS.zapto.org

5. Offline

Deleted user

Thank you for asking a question connerreinhardt!
    I suggest you stop using Permissions 3.1.6 as it is severely outdated. Try using PermissionsEx. It's basically Permissions 3.1.6, but updated.
    Now, if/after you install PermissionsEx, just copy and paste your permissions.yml from Permissions 3.1.6 to PermissionsEx, and add a :true to the end of each permissions node! Example:
    Code:
    commandbook.gamemode.*: true

Thank you for asking a question JoeCarter14!
    Try switching to PermissionsEx. It's simple, great, and updated!

I believe it's your problem...
    It's normal behavior... you posted 3 i's in the code. Of course it'll result in a width of 3! xD.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    connerreinhardt likes this.
  6. Offline

TwinCrafters

Hello,
    The background is i can't get Chat or able to Build for default. (i'm using PEX) Whenever i put the nodes permissions.build: true or permissions.chat: true, it lets me talk and build but none of the other commands work in the default group. Also, i'm trying to use Towny and obviously don't want defaults able to build in any town they want but when i do permissions.build: true, it lets defaults build inside towns. Another thing is that the towny node i'm using is towny.claimed.OWNTOWN.build.* (notice owntown :/ ) so if anyone can help me, please do so, i want to make my server public but can't get these two problems figured out...
    Thanks in advance,
    Twin

7. Can you than explain me why anyone would ever want to use this method? I see no function for it at all!

But as most Java challenges we can solve it ourselves! So I've fixed it for my problem.

8. Offline

Deleted user

There is no use for this method at all >.>.

dadaemon likes this.
  9. Offline

sillyrosster

I'm just curious why you recommend Essentials with the amount of problems it can cause?

10. Offline

Deleted user

Thank you for posting a question sillyrosster!
    Personally, I don't use Essentials because of the amount of problems it can cause, but it's great for first-time server admins/owners.

Thank you for posting a question TwinCrafters.
    Check back to this thread tomorrow. I have almost no experience with Towny.
    hammale saul100

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

hammale

@TwinCrafters are you using PEX's modify world? o an can i see ur permissions.yml?

12. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I am personally using it and I've not encountered any significant problems.

13. Offline

connerreinhardt

I am making an effort to upgrade to PermissionsEx from my permissions 3.1.6 and I have everything basically working, except I don't know how to prevent my "guest" group from being able to build. On my old permissions i just set build to false. I am aware that ModifyWorld has something to do with it, but i havent messed with the config yet. Does anyone know how to do this?

14. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Can you please post your permission structure?

15. Offline

connerreinhardt

http://pastebin.com/e7yD2rab

I have kept the "Build: (true/false)" section from my old permissions but it doesn't seem to work with PEX

16. Offline

hammale

do you have ModifWorld Enabled?

17. Offline

connerreinhardt

no, i havent touched the config

Also, it seems as though any permissions nodes that I have with the .* at the end don't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

18. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Are you auto-tabbing when you are editing the .cfg?

19. Offline

connerreinhardt

no
    no i am using textedit on a mac and putting four spaces

20. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Interesting. Getting tyzoid hammale ShootToMaim

21. Offline

hammale

Ok open the ModifyWorld config and set enable to true. Then make sure everyone BUT the guest group has the permission modifyworld.*. If u want the guests to be able to talk i think they need modifyworld.chat ill get u a full list of modifyworld perms in a sec...

connerreinhardt likes this.
  22. Offline

tyzoid

Try this one: http://pastebin.com/Z2VdZUi0

Edit:
    This prevents PVP for all guest groups. Delete the line that says "- -modifyworld.damage.*" to enable pvp for guests.

Edit2:

hammale
    I beat you to it!

23. Offline

hammale

ah well its looks like tyzoid beat me to it but heres the list anywayz :)

24. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

What can I say? We work fast.

No. My server starts up using only 200-300MB, never 400.

But that doesn't mean you can't join! Do you want to?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  25. Offline

tyzoid

Only when we are offline. Except for you. You are online in your sleep.

I almost never see you offline.

26. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I am eternal. Like Kim Jong.

hammale likes this.
  27. Offline

hammale

do they know the name of his son yet? hes only been alive for a few decades...

28. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

No idea :)

29. Offline

sillyrosster

How much RAM does a normal minecraft server use? How much does one plugin use?

I'm just curious, because I have 1GB of RAM on my server and on start-up it uses 400Mb. Is that normal?

30. Offline

hammale

cant tell ya where i heard this but i think a while back i heard its about 100mB per player and maybe 100-300 for plugins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.