The Bukkit Consulting Firm - Solving all your Bukkit-related challenges!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M1sT3rM4n, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Deleted user

Question:
    How do you use the built-in Permissions system for Bukkit?
    Java.

Question:
    I want to learn Python, but where should I start? I already know Java, PHP, C++, C+, HTML, etc.

2. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

It's just a shell for other permission systems. It inherently doesn't provide any functions.

Ask tyzoid, saul100, or hammale :D

3. Offline

Deleted user

tyzoid
    Where should I start learning Python?

4. Offline

tyzoid

I'm not quite sure as I have no experience with python.

However, for your question regarding your brother, I had compiled some C++ tutorial files that might be handy in explaining how basic programming works. It is heavily commented and you should be able teach him some stuff with them.

http://www.tymcs.tk/cpp/

1.cpp is tutorial 1,
    2.cpp is tutorial 2,
    etc.

Deleted user likes this.
  5. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Sounds good, we hope you just stay active in the thread ;)

All of the consultants who work @ BCF are experts with PermissionEx!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  6. Offline

tyzoid

No problem. I just had them sitting my site for a while, might as well someone get actually use them :)

7. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

First post updated once more!

8. Offline

tyzoid

Cool.

I had some plans for a yahoo answers type thing (i.e. bukkitAnswers) as a seperate website for bukkit. Would you mind helping me with some of the back end (PHP) if you know any?

I should be able to get the front end fairly solid in a week or two.

POST WAR!!!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  9. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I am interested now. URL?

10. Offline

Deleted user

I also forgot that i'm an expert with Permissions ;)

11. Offline

Deleted user

Java/plugin-related things!
    Add that to my description please then :D

12. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Done.

Deleted user likes this.
  13. Offline

Deleted user

I suggest Alerter if you're having trouble with WorldGuard (like me :D).

14. Offline

hammale

well we did find some cool prebuilt stuff a while back and i started to apply some custom CSS but i never finished it...u can see it here.

15. Offline

Deleted user

Question:
    What event name is the event that handles mob spawning?

16. What should I get my boyfriend for Valentine's Day?!!?!?!!?!?
    I'm freaking out ^^.
    ShootToMaim
    Don't read this ;).

hammale likes this.
  17. Offline

Deleted user

Is that even Bukkit-Related?
    BTW, you don't have to get me anything....

18. Offline

hammale

theres quite a few...but there all entity events. u probably want:
    Code:text
    2. public void onCreatureSpawn(CreatureSpawnEvent e){

u can see more here.

19. Offline

dewcorps

Hello, recently my server just randomly stopped letting people outside of my comp connect to the server. I also tried using a fresh build with no plugins, and it yielded the same result.

The people connecting describe it as seeing no chunks loaded, while falling with mobs around them. After about ten seconds, they get disconnected and these error messages are displayed in the log. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I am able to provide any supplementary information if needed.

2012-02-13 19:43:27 [INFO] Read timed out
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet51MapChunk.a(Packet51MapChunk.java:89)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(Packet.java:102)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.g(NetworkManager.java:122)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.d(NetworkManager.java:269)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:99)
    2012-02-13 19:43:27 [INFO] BaconFace lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream

20. Offline

hammale

plugin list?

21. Offline

Stone_Tigris

hammale He just said "I also tried using a fresh build with no plugins, and it yielded the same result." So I think this isn't to do with his plugins.

22. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Has he tried to connect locally?

23. Offline

MagikarpLOL123

Nvm fixed it sorry for wasting your time.

24. Offline

dewcorps

I am able to connect locally just fine. One strange thing is that I am not able to connect to any other minecraft servers outside of my house. I think it may be a networking problem as all of the computers on my network cannot connect outside. The only thing I can think that I have not tried so far is resetting my modem, any thoughts?

25. Offline

Deleted user

Try re-starting your router/modem.

26. Offline

jrachal4

I updated my server to the newest recommended build and now it seems it is no longer online. I can connect through localhost but I cannot connect through my IP. My IP is dynamic and has not changed, I also use No-IP to change the IP for people to connect so I don't constantly have to give out my IP. The server runs and starts up just fine, but it just isn't multiplayer. The IP is 70.180.53.144 and No-IP is redstick.zapto.org

Also, I have my old map and server.properties file in there, but it has a blank map and the properties say that they are the same, but on the server they are different :/ help please! Plugins: PEX, WorldEdit and Guard, MobDisguise, SimpleJail, VanishNoPacket, and CommandBin.

None of my plugins work :(

Thanks in advance, jrachal4.

27. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Can you post your server.properties?

28. Offline

hammale

its not a waste! care to explain wat u did to fix it? im kinda curious now :p

dang it one of these days ill read the whole post b4 posting....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  29. Offline

jrachal4

Code:
    #Minecraft server properties
    #Sun Feb 12 10:34:37 CST 2012
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=world
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=true
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    online-mode=true
    pvp=true
    difficulty=1
    server-name=Unknown Server
    gamemode=0
    max-players=15
    spawn-monsters=true
    view-distance=10
    generate-structures=true
    motd=A Minecraft Server
    I believe it's similar to Stone Tigres' problem, except it won't even let other people connect at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.