The Bukkit Consulting Firm - Solving all your Bukkit-related challenges!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M1sT3rM4n, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tom

2. Offline

hammale

hi @hammale

[​IMG]
    wow. lol

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  3. Offline

Sleaker

vault is only a replacement for Register if a plugin developer actually chooses to use it. It doesn't work as a replacement for a plugin that already hooks register.

4. Offline

tyzoid

@M1sT3rM4n
    Would you mind adding Colors as a recommended chat plugin on your OP?

@saul100
    I promoted you to Moderator on the experimental forum

@AllOtherConsultants
    The forum seems ready. I fixed some minor css issues, but whenever you want to transfer operations there, we are ready.

5. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

@tyzoid what is the forum URL again?

6. Offline

tyzoid

7. Offline

hammale

the bukkit consulting firm no longer will haz bukkit thread? how will peoplez find us?

8. Offline

tyzoid

@hammale
    We will eventually. When we do, we will just direct traffic over to the forum.

We will change the links on the signatures to go to the forum, and we will put a rather large banner on the OP to tell people to go to the new location.

9. Offline

wadeybunch

I am New to running a MC server and have downloaded and run crafbukkit (whats the difference between craftbukkit/bukkit?)
    I also have a few plugins too , just what i read are good
    This server is for family and friends and will not be open to public but i want to be able to set some permissions as some of my (7!!) Kids are likely to attempt to steal from others hard earned chest stock and they WILL try to use Xray to get to diamonds etc
    I want to be able to let them TP to each other and TP to home etc
    I can do this as i am OP but i am not sure how to set them up to have limited access to commands

My plugins are as follows
    permissions ex
    pail plus
    pail
    orebfuscator
    modify world
    group manager
    Essentials
    Chat manager

[INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-1.8.1-R4-17-g04a14f7-b1493jnks (MC: 1.0.0) (Implementing API version 1.0.0-R1-SNAPSHOT)

Windows 7 x64

To be honest i am not sure if i need all these or what they actually do
    I am no computer genius and am having a hard time getting access to the server from outside the home network (ports forwarded with PFC software) but i am willing to learn
    Any help you could offer on any of these issues would be gratefully received

Regards
    Steve

10. Offline

hammale

but we will be burried.....BUMP :D

11. Offline

tyzoid

For your purposes, I would recommend the following plugins:
    PermissionsEX - (You already have this)
    SimpleHome - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29407930/SimpleHome.jar (This is the updated version)
    NoCheat - http://dev.bukkit.org/media/files/561/481/NoCheat.jar
    Pail - (You already have this)
    Colors - http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ch...-your-chat-1597-permissions-superperms.14108/
    Orebfuscator - (You already have this)
    Worldedit - http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/edit-sec-admn-worldedit-5-0-world-editing-de-griefing-1-0-1-r1.62/

You shouldn't need essentials. If you need an economy, use iconomy (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-iconomy-6-0-7-celty-1337.40/)

Also, about your port problem... Turn the server on, then go here: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
    Type port 25565, and click check.

@hammale
    We won't get buried if an admin stickies us (or, perhaps even better, puts a link to us in the navigation bar)

@D3athwish87
    Just restart your computer.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  12. Offline

wadeybunch

Thanks for the reply
    I will download suggested plugins, is it ok to just delete the plugins i dont need (esentials etc?)
    I tried the port checker and it came up as open !
    Would you please try to connect to verify it is ok ? 90.195.123.125 or wadeybunch.servebeer.com
    Many thanks
    Steve

13. Offline

hammale

trying now...

hmmm the ip worked but the URL didnt....

that would be GREEEEAT!

14. Offline

wadeybunch

its back up again .. sort of
    Steve

15. Offline

tyzoid

@wadeybunch
    Yes you can delete the plugins you don't need.

16. Offline

D3athwish87

This is probably a stupid quest.(I have never used bukkit)
    I downloaded the wrong server start key. In my folders that I put them in I can't delete them: "This folder is opened on another program," is what is says... Can you help me?

17. Offline

tyzoid

A shameless -bump- to help people.

18. Offline

charles471

Does it require an SQL database?

19. Offline

tyzoid

@charles471
    Yes. I personally use mysql.

Is that a problem?

Another shameless -bump-

20. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Bumping a nice thread.

21. Offline

thernztrom

22. Offline

ಠ_ಠ

How do I use the permissions.yml file to set permissions?

23. Offline

tyzoid

24. Offline

thernztrom

I open the file and change "KlasVonKlas" rank from Citizen to VIP, then I login to the server with my second account (which has OP/admin rank) and do /pex reload. Then when I login to the server with KlasVonKlas when Im chatting it says Im VIP (OKChat uses %prefix in PEX), but MCDocs keep showing the Citizen MOTD when it should show the VIP MOTD. It shows the Citizen MOTD both when I join the server and when I do the command /motd.
    Here is a basic version of my permissions.yml as requested:
    http://pastebin.com/55kSyyNV

25. Offline

tyzoid

@thernztrom
    This appears to be your problem:
    Admin inherits from mod, mod inherits from svip, and so on.
    This means that they are also inheriting the group for MCDocs.

I would recommend copying and pasting the permissions into the correct groups instead of relying on inheritance.

26. Offline

thernztrom

@tyzoid Ok thanks, I'll test if it works later, and get back to you. :)

27. Offline

tyzoid

@thernztrom
    No problem.
    Glad to be of assistance :)

28. Offline

mattstanton94

Hi can someone post a link to craftbukkit.jar 1597? or the newest one if 1597 is not it? it says my craftbukkit is not the right version for essentials

29. Offline

tyzoid

30. Offline

mattstanton94

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.