The Bukkit Consulting Firm - Solving all your Bukkit-related challenges!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M1sT3rM4n, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linux problem: I have problem with linux and file saving/loading/keeping in memory. On windows, all is fine. It looks like linux server is keeping all flatfiles in memory, and when file changes server still keeps old file in memory even it shouldn't. For example while using bPermissions on windows, when new player joins, his entry in file is created and he gets all his permissions instantly. But on linux, when new player joins, his entry in file is created, but he doesn't get his permissions until "/permissions reload" or "/reload" or server restart.
    Any way to fix this?

2. Offline

tyzoid

@Boos
    Paste the output of
    Code:
    java -version
    and tell us what flavor and version of linux you are using.

3. Offline

itsuhane

That's good, however i'm just using PermissionsBukkit and intends no features from Essentials/GroupManager(too many conflicts with other plugins), are there any workaround?
    Btw, the /help command(from Essentials) does give a list of few commands, but it seems that some of the other plugins get not listed(i have configured Essentials with non-ess-in-help == true)

4. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

To strip everyone from using basic commands, just use a permission plugin and deny them from being able to use them.

5. Offline

hammale

or use plgDisableCommand, that's how i resisted the urge to use give for everyone INCLUDING myself :)

6. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

OR run Vanilla and give only yourself OP status.

7. Offline

hammale

i take ur quote and raise you 1 spoiler:
    lol
    BUT THEN HOW COULD I RESIST USING IT!?!?!? i need to use ban/kick/op/whatever else vanilla op's can do but I dont want /give![/spolier]

8. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

lol

Then run a vanilla server and don't OP anyone?

9. Offline

Apachekiller

I am not part of the consulting team, but I noticed that no one helped you so I guess I will. From the look of your plugins the only thing that causes your problem would be Essentials.

So in your Essentials Config you need to scroll down where you see Essentials Protect Category. Then below that category you need to find the sub category named General Physics/behavior modifications you should see to config options and it should look like this:

tnt-explosion: true
    tnt-playerdamage: false

Your going to want to turn on the explosion so change it to this:

tnt-explosion: false
    tnt-playerdamage: false

That should work if it doesn't let me know.

10. Offline

hammale

lol
    but then how do i kick/ban/teleport/say/terrorize players?

y thank you very much good sir, that message was lost in this ragging torrent of help requests.
    @Deon very sorry i didnt see that message...dont worry it wont happen again :p (i hope but really doubt)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  11. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

No.

12. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Yes.

13. Offline

hammale

No.

14. Offline

DrAgonmoray

mebbe

15. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Or the person can use WorldGuard to manage TNT behavior.

16. Offline

Apachekiller

@M1sT3rM4n Yes but they don't have WorldGuard installed. Making things complicated man :p

17. Offline

hammale

u may quite possibly be correct...

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! :D
    the bearded warrior (WOOO!) vs. random guy w/ a hat! (BOOOO!)

Place your bets now!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  18. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

That's not a beard :)

On topic: They can couple WorldEdit and WorldGuard for better in game administration.

19. Offline

hammale

so all bets are off? darn :( well i g2g to bed cya 2 morrow!

20. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Also, 1.8 Bukkit isn't out. So don't ask.

21. Offline

andrewkm

Why is there no permissions system in your post? Throw PEX into that list :p

22. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Forgot to add it. Will add it later.

23. Offline

Apachekiller

You on this 24/7 man! :p

24. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

No, I am on 38/9

25. Offline

Apachekiller

Insta replies to!

26. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Nearly instant. That's what makes our consulting group stand out.

27. Offline

thellamavaulter

Been having an issue since I opened my server up to the public.

Basically what happens is anyone who connects with spoutcraft client installed on their end gets kicked immediately, or is never allowed to join. I get lots of server console spam when this happens, heres the spam:

09:43 AM [INFO] jochmeistah [/92.32.118.125:56954] logged in with entity id 283 at ([vasgaard] 138.95145685523232, 70.0, -225.26028897321342)
    09:43 AM [INFO] Reading data
    09:43 AM [INFO] [Spout] Successfully authenticated jochmeistah's Spoutcraft client. Running client version: 1.0.5.262
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] java.io.EOFException
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at java.io.DataInputStream.readChar(Unknown Source)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketUtil.readString(PacketUtil.java:60)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketUtil.readString(PacketUtil.java:38)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketPreCacheFile.readData(PacketPreCacheFile.java:55)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.a(CustomPacket.java:94)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(Packet.java:81)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.g(NetworkManager.java:149)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.java:259)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:84)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] java.io.EOFException
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at java.io.DataInputStream.readShort(Unknown Source)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketUtil.readString(PacketUtil.java:50)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketUtil.readString(PacketUtil.java:38)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketPreCacheFile.readData(PacketPreCacheFile.java:56)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.a(CustomPacket.java:94)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(Packet.java:81)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.g(NetworkManager.java:149)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.java:259)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:84)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at java.io.FilterOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketCacheFile.writeData(PacketCacheFile.java:65)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.a(CustomPacket.java:119)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(Packet.java:116)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(NetworkManager.java:107)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.d(NetworkManager.java:263)
    09:43 AM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:107)
    09:43 AM [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.NullPointerException

The error messages can change a bit, but thats the most common one I see. Now, again, this only happens when someone with the spout CLIENT plugin connects.

The weird part about it is that I can connect to my own server with the very same version of the spoutcraft client plugin as the people getting this error; but with no issues whatsoever! My client runs just fine!

My server has these plugins:
    Spout (newest rb), bpermissions, worldedit\guard, logblock, commandbook, essentials, magicspells, mcmmo, healthbar, virtualshop, moneydrop, multiverse, mobarena.

Any suggestion as to what is happening here?

28. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Did you update to 1.8?

29. Offline

thellamavaulter

No. Of course not ^^. I won't be updating to the stinking pile of bugs that 1.8 is until they iron it out a bit!

As a sidenote, I posted this in a ticket on the spout bukkitdev page. They responded with "Ensure your clients are running an unmodified version of minecraft, with spout installed." I've tested again and again, on computers other than my own; a fresh 1.7.3 install of minecraft, with nothing but spout installed on it, will not connect to the server.

However, if I try with a vanilla client; No problem at all!

I tried removing the server plugins one by one, to no avail.

30. Offline

Thedudester09

I'll try to go back to GroupManager, may luck be with me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.