The best Permission plugin!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Switch0r, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Switch0r

Ok i just installed my first server 2 weeks ago with permissions 3.1.6 and now i cant install new plugins because it uses bukkitpermission ?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My questions:
    Why are to so many permissions plugins ?
    Why dont you build one in craftbukkit ?
    Wich permissions plugin is the best atm ?
    How many times i need to change permission plugin ?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    btw Bukkit is awesome but i can be frustrated to change or update the whole time.

2. Offline

jtlcr777

Really? Which ones?
    All my plugins work fine with Permissions 3.1.6

3. Offline

Switch0r

I am not saying all, but it looks like they all going to bukkitpermission.

4. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Bukkit Permission's are the new built in permissions. However, to configure these permissions you need to have a separate plugin. Here is a tutorial I wrote about them: http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_Up_Bukkit_Permissions

And here's the official plugin: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...-1-official-default-groups-plugin-1000.26785/

They including a way to "trick" other plugins into thinking that you are using Permissions 3.1.6.

Because they are the official permissions many plugins are now supporting them. It's much easier for dev's to handle, and its pretty much guaranteed bug free, since it's part of bukkit. The reason there are so many, is that these are new, and before there were many different plugins for handling permissions.

I personally think these new permissions are the best and most powerful, and in the future, they will be how all permissions are handled. It's just a transition period right now. So hopefully you won't ever have to switch again if you decided to switch. But as said, most plugins still support Permissions 3.1.6 right now, so no rush.

5. Offline

Banana937

Well, I personally prefer Essentials GroupManager. I've used it since before Essentials took over the project.

If you have Essentials, in the new config (the one for the Essentials version for CB1000) there is an option on whether or not you would like to use Bukkit Permissions. Try switching that off, might help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.