Thanksgiving 2011 Server Charity Drives

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by pyraetos, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pyraetos

Most regular-size servers have an option to become "premium" or a "sponsor" if a player donates to the server with PayPal. My server certainly does, and it surprises me how much money this can actually make.
    ***************************************************************************************
    What I'm proposing is that all server owners for the final couple of weeks in November put all their donations from their servers to some charity or food drive, tell their servers about it, and spread the word throughout the Minecraft community.
    ***************************************************************************************
    50$ can feed 100 people, and all you have to do in return is give someone on your server item spawning permissions. (or a title, color, etc)
    I encourage everyone to participate, post in this thread if you do with the charity to which you will be donating to and your progress :)
    Put this in your bukkit signature and link it to this thread so more people can do this:
    [​IMG]

Zaros, undeadmach1ne and tom like this.
  2. Offline

Zaros

@pyraetos

Your idea brought warmth to my cold dead Admin heart. I'll try this and see if anyone will donate for the good of others. I'll offer a custom rank tag til december or something for like 1$.

May I ask how we send the money(paypal ofc, but to who)?

3. Offline

pyraetos

Thank you very much!!!
    And, what I usually do is do PayPal's Withdraw to a Bank Account then manage it from there however you like.

4. Offline

pyraetos

Got some donations already, :)

5. Offline

gameswereus

I will setup a rank for this once my server is up. I may not be getting donations until Christmas, maybe we can do another one of these then?

6. Offline

pyraetos

I have raised 50$ so far :)

7. Offline

OzoneBuu

Nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.