Text paste improvement

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by pookshuman, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pookshuman

Hello :)

This is an idea for a plugin

Sometimes I like to cut and paste (CTRL C + V) text snippets from a webpage into minecraft chat. I would like to be able to paste more than the limit allowed by the game.

The way I envision it is that when a player inserts a long text into chat, the text from the clipboard would be broken into smaller lines, like this:

[Player]: I was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness,
    [Player]: it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season
    [Player]: of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us,
    [Player]: we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way-
    [Player]: in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its
    [Player]: being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.
    [OtherPlayer]: Hey, how are you typing so fast?

One issue would be to make sure words are not split in half at the end of a line, it can't be an exact character limit per line, to prevent this:
    [Player]: I was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of fooli
    [Player]: shness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season

I don't think the plugin would need any in-game commands, it should just work whenever someone pastes from the clipboard. However, it should have a permission to allow some players to use it but not others. Possibly a small config file for a setting to limit the number of characters that can be pasted per second or minute (to prevent players accidentally pasting too much.)

Thanks to anyone who is able/willing to do this. Ideas for a name ... PastePerfect ... BetterPaste

Thanks for your consideration :)

2. Offline

L33m4n123

I might be mistaken. However I believe not possible without Client-Side mods.

3. Offline

pookshuman

Well, I would certainly prefer it to be a server only mod, but if a client mod is the only way, then that is OK .... if someone knows how to do that :)

4. Offline

I like that tale of two cities quote :D but as they said client side mods only

5. Offline

pookshuman

OK, so can this be a request for a client side mod to do this?

6. Commander9292 likes this.
  7. Offline

pookshuman

Isn't that what I am doing?

8. Offline

client mods arnt plugins. client mods arnt supported here

9. pookshuman
    Client mods are, well.... mods, not Bukkit plugins. You can go to the mods section of the minecraft forums and try to find someone who will make this for you (or search for one that has already been made).

10. Offline

Necrodoom

Locked. Client mods are not supported here.

SuperSniper1379 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.