Temp kit access help?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xZZxBEASTxZZx, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xZZxBEASTxZZx

Hello, everyone I need some help with temp. kit access to the skywars kits on my server. I want to be able to give people a 15 min period where they access all the skywars kits I have on my Skywars server, in order for them to get this 15 min period where they can access these kits they have to vote once, and like I said after they vote they get to chose any skywars kit for 15 mins. Can you please help, I don't understand on how to do this. I am using votifer and giveanything listener for votifer. If you still need more explaining, then here:
    Step 1: They would join a Skywars game and only be able to pick 1 kit or more if they are donators.
    Step 2: After they do /vote (and vote) they would go into a skywars game
    Step 3: When they enter the skywars game they would get to pick any kit they wanted that was there.

Please help,
    Thanks, xZZxBEASTxZZx.

2. Offline

Winterfellhard

xZZxBEASTxZZx I could be wrong but I don't think Gal will be able to do this. Tho with my experience of gal you should be able to work around it. You could basically if running essentials set a price for the kits. After each vote, give them the value of the one. They would have access to the kits tho all the times if they had the money not sure exactly how your server is running. I believe you could do this with gal if you had a plugin for tokens or some 2nd currency and then set the kit cost the the token or 2nd currency.

Unfortunantly the only way I know of giving someone temp kit access is either adding then removing the nodes from them or their group. Or you could switch the players group to a group that doesnt have the permissions for any kits. Not exactly sure what your trying to do it for but just my thoughts. Good luck.

3. Offline

JaguarJo

xZZxBEASTxZZx I don't know which permissions plugin you use on your server, but PermissionsEx has commands that allow for timed permissions. I think you could set up your GAL listener to run the timed perms command when people vote and that would grant them access to the limited kits for that 15 mins, if you set it up just right. It would take some testing to know whether it would work or not, but the components are all there, so in theory it should.

4. Offline

xZZxBEASTxZZx

Yes, I would like to give them the permission node for the skywars kits for only 15 mins, but I am using Group manger, not PermissionsEx, so is there anyway to do this, I need it so when ever someone votes it gives them the permission nodes for 15 mins then takes them away after, what do I need to do? What listener for Votifer or how do I do this? It's very important, please help!

Thanks,
    xZZxBEASTxZZx

5. Offline

JaguarJo

As far as I know, GroupManager does not support timed permissions. I'm not sure if there's a listener out there with a timed feature on it or not...

You could always try taking this question to the Plugin Request forum and see if someone could make something custom for you there. I'm afraid I don't know enough to be able to help anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.