Solved Task in a task?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ProMCKingz, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ProMCKingz

Hey, I have the following code. However, I was wondering how I could create another runnable after that one has ended.

Code:
      Bukkit.getServer().getScheduler().scheduleSyncDelayedTask(this, new Runnable() {
            public void run() {
                   inWar.remove(fac);
                        pa.sendMessage(prefix + ChatColor.RED + "Your preperation time has ended!");
                 }
                }, 100L);
             }

2. Offline

aaomidi

Why don't you try it?

3. Offline

ProMCKingz

@aaomidi
    My question was, how would i add another task in that scheduler. So that when that ends it starts another one

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  4. Offline

mythbusterma

@ProMCKingz

First off, that's a "task," not a "scheduler."

Second, there's nothing stopping you from scheduling a task inside of another, so when you cancel one, schedule the other.

5. Offline

ProMCKingz

@mythbusterma
    How though?
    This doesn't work. Sorry, never worked with delayed tasks, only worked with BukkitRunnables
    Code:
                              Bukkit.getServer().getScheduler().scheduleSyncDelayedTask(this, new Runnable() {
                                     public void run() {
                                             inWar.remove(fac);
                                                 public void run() {
                                                         inWar.remove(fac);
                                                 }
                                         }, 100L);
                                     }
                             }, 100L);
                        }
    The method scheduleSyncDelayedTask(Plugin, Runnable, long) in the type BukkitScheduler is not applicable for the arguments (new Runnable(){}, new Runnable(){}, long)

6. Offline

Rocoty

Because in that context, 'this' refers to the enclosing Runnable instance, and not your plugin instance. If you want to refer to the enclosing plugin instance you must use MainClassName.this

That works only because the Runnable is an inner non-static class. Or, more specifically, an anonymous class.

HIH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.