Takes ages to get plugin on plugins.bukkit.org

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Rprrr, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rprrr

Why does this take so long?

My plugin has been released a few weeks ago, and the first file has been approved a long time ago aswell, so why does it take so long until it appears on plugins.bukkit.org?

It should go automatically, right?

( If it isn't an automatic process, then never mind: I don't want to blame the staff, I understand they can't spent 24/7 approving files, but for as far as I know this should go automatic. )

2. Offline

Milkywayz

You should upload your plugins to BukkitDev, I myself have stopped updating my stuff on plugins.bukkit.org a long time ago.

When you add your plugin to the plugin submissions, it has to be moved into plugin releases by a moderator.

3. Offline

Cybermaxke

Its the same problem on bukkitdev. :/

4. Offline

Rprrr

Milkywayz
    I upload all of my plugins to BukkitDev (don't really like the forum when it comes to submitting plugins). And like Cybermaxke, I still have the problem.. :s

5. Offline

lol768

Plugins.bukkit.org indexes BukkitDev

6. Offline

aeronetwork

I think they run off a CDN...which probably caches for weeks.

7. Offline

Gravity

8. Offline

Sushi

That's not how a CDN works, CDNs are for static content lol

9. Offline

Rprrr

h31ix
    Hmm, I didn't mean 'My Plugins', but I actually meant the plugin list on plugins.bukkit.org.. Or do they update in the same way?

10. Offline

Gravity

Good point. Not sure, actually.

11. Offline

lol768

Seems like this is something lukegb would know about, perhaps.

12. Offline

lukegb

They both update in the same way.

13. Offline

lukegb

New plugins list is almost complete. Just got a few of design/UI issues to work out.

The actual data behind the list can be seen by associating your account and verifying that the correct number of plugins appears beneath your name when you make a post on the forums, and that the list of plugins in the "My Plugins" section of your forums profile is correct.

Can you please spend a minute or two doublechecking that this information is correct? Thanks!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

chaseoes and TfT_02 like this.
  14. Offline

lol768

Thanks lukegb, it looks a lot nicer now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.