SuperPerms Parent Nodes ( PEX )

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ArrowToTheKnee, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

So, for any plugin that allows parent nodes, I can't get it to work. When I put those parent nodes for a group, it is like they never had that node and it doesn't work ( don't have permission ).
    1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)? I am using Windows 7 64 Bit
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)? 64 Bit
    3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.) I use all the latest java versions.
    4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc? I don't exactly know what these are, but I don't use any of the examples.
    5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.) 1.0.1_R1
    6. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server? I am using the EXACT one in the guide, except that I use 4G
    8. What error are you getting (post your server.log file)? I get no error from this.
    9. What have you tried already? I've tried redownloading everything possible, Bukkit, all plugins. Only thing I kept is world, but recreated world_nether and world_end
    Even though I have parent nodes and SuperPerms on in PEX, these still do not work!
    The plugins I run are:
    AutoAnnouncer
    ChatManager
    CommandBook
    Factions ( this plugin's parent nodes do not work )
    HomeSpawnPlus ( this plugin's parent nodes do not work )
    LWC
    ModifyWorld
    PermissionsEx
    SignRank
    Spout
    VanishNoPacket
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

Since both of those plugin's parent nodes do not work ( the individual nodes work very well ), I come to believe it is not the plugin's fault, but mine. I just don't know what is causing this!

Sincerely,

The Bukkit Newbie :)

2. Offline

codename_B

PEX isn't technically superperms and so it doesn't do parent nodes AFAIK

3. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Hmmm...But then why would it say superperms AND the developer of HSP ( HomeSpawnPlus ) stated that he/she uses PermissionsEx...
    So then why wouldn't he use those parent nodes...hmmmm...
    I would switch to bPermissions :D, but I want to find a plugin similar to Modifyworld :/

"Bukkit Permissions (SuperPerms) compatible."

4. Offline

codename_B

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/antiguest/ ?

You could always post a plugin request for the plugin you want.

I'm honestly not the best informed about PEX, so I can't say yay or nay on this, but I do know it uses reflection and does things differently to vanilla superperms, so something like ignoring parent nodes isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

5. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Ahhhh I see. Now what about your bPermissions? Does it fully support vanilla SuperPerms?

6. Offline

codename_B

That's why it's called a superperms manager :3

7. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Yes I now know :D. After Chrisz or something said that to me, kicked me, and posted me as dumb*** of the week...

Lastly, when I used bPermissions a few weeks ago, HeroChat was using its own prefixes and suffixes, instead of bPermissions'. How to fix?

Can anyone clarify if this is normal PermissionsEx behavior?

Yep. You can emulate parent nodes, at least what is says in the "Initial Configuration" wiki. But, I found some issue reports, and individual permissions isn't much of a deal seeing that parent nodes can be broke a bit.
    From creator of PEX:
    "Yes, very stupid part of spec. Let me explain:
    There is one big flaw in child/parent system. Example:
    bukkit,command = true
    bukkit.command.kill = false

Im expecting what all command except /kill would work, But result would be random - if bukkit.command.kill would be processed before bukkit.command than i'll have access to /kill command too. Processing order is random, due nature on HashMap iteration order, which random."

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  8. Offline

codename_B

Well that's not entirely true, it's not totally random, it's sorted by the hash, but yeah as a user the main thing is that you find a way to make something work for YOU.

9. PEX is superpems compatible, though.

When you installed PermissionsEx, are you sure that you actually took the Permissions.jar aswell and not only the PermissionsEx.jar?

10. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Yes. But on some issues on github, the creator has stated that it does no longer support PARENT NODES. I'm not sure about all of SuperPerms, but it seems in the latest config wiki, it says you can EMULATE parent nodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.