SuperMute

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by SuperPyroManiac, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Offline

SuperPyroManiac

Plugin category: Chat

Suggested name: Supermute

A bit about me: I own a nice server but some people are crazy and should not be able to use chat.
    What I want is:
    A plugin that not only mutes a player but prevents them from seeing any chat or using any commands that are social.
    /me
    /tell
    /t
    /msg
    /pm
    etc
    Command Ideas:
    /smute
    /sunmute
    Permission Ideas:
    supermute.unmute
    supermute.mute
    supermute.*
    Willing to pay: No

Related Posts: None that I can find.

2. Offline

Curxe

You can use this plugin. Click
    Or have your post not unterstand..?

GC

3. Offline

SuperPyroManiac

That is not what im looking for I need one that mutes them from things like /me /tell and also dose not let them see others chat.

4. Offline

Curxe

And why you don't remove there permissions to perform this commands?

GC

5. Offline

SuperPyroManiac

It would be easier to simply do the mute rather than create a custom rank, and put them in there then mute them.

And they could still see chat

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  6. Offline

evilmidget38

I'll try something out this evening for you. If it works, I'll let you know.

7. Offline

Xaqa

So you want something that essentially disables all contact with chat. Disabling their vision of other chats, disabling their use of /tell and other messaging commands. Correct me if I'm wrong, the other posts in this thread is confusing me.

8. Offline

SuperPyroManiac

Yea, it just kills all chat for them.
    I'm not sure if its possible to make it so they cant receive messages but ill be fine with that.

Thank you!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  9. Offline

Xaqa

I'm interested to see how evilmidget38s plugin turns out. If it works, and is stable then I'll try it out. Because the current mute plugin I have doesn't block out everything, and they find ways around it. Such as placing signs, and messaging others.

10. Offline

evilmidget38

I've finished it. It defaults to preventing them from using ALL commands(except who and list, but you can add exceptions to it in the config.yml. Just add them to the list Allowed. The commands and permissions are just like you asked for, but I'm not sure if using the wildcard works. I didn't specifically code it in(don't know how, or if it's needed.).

To install all you need to do is add the .jar to your plugin directory. On it's first launch it will generate it's config. If you edit the config while the server is running, you'll probably have to reload the plugin. I haven't tested that though.

Attached Files:

11. Offline

SuperPyroManiac

I am very thankful that you did this for me but I had two problems, they could still see the chat, and it would not unmute them.

12. Offline

evilmidget38

aah, I'll see what I can do.
    Completely forgot about the part where they can't see chat. Not quite sure on how to do that, but I can probably figure it out. There's other plugin that do that, so it's not impossible.
    And /sunmute seems to be working fine for me. I'll upload a new copy of the jar in a moment to ensure I didn't accidentally upload an old one.

EDIT: Figured out how to do it. I'll upload a new .jar within the hour.

Uploaded the new file. Check it out. @SuperPyroManiac

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2016
  13. Offline

SuperPyroManiac

Thank you so much! :D

14. Offline

evilmidget38