Super Exploitable Villager Trading Fix Needed

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by diannetea, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Offline

diannetea

So, my mom (thankfully) found out today that if you hold down shift you can sell items to villagers without the items being taken from your inventory but you still get the trade.

She apparently has stacks of emeralds now. Luckily she won't be telling any of the other players on my server.

Can someone make a fix for this? :(

2. Offline

bobacadodl

I just disabled villager trading on my server because in my opinion the prices are really unbalanced. If you want I can give you the plugin to disable it. (I made it)

Off Topic: Your mom plays minecraft?! That's awesome!!

Chiller, WarmakerT and Jag.1000 like this.
  3. Offline

diannetea

Yeah I actually run the server for her and her online buddies and some family friends. There is a plugin that balances the trade costs which is fine, it's just that shift bug is really bad :/

The downside of running a server for my mom is that now I know how she felt when my sister and I were going through our teens. Any little thing goes wrong and she freaks out, I'm going to let her keep the emeralds for telling me, she'd probably have a fit if I took them anyway

4. Offline

bobacadodl

Could you describe how this bug works in more detail? I've been trying to reproduce it in singled player but I can't seem to get it to work. Is it only on bukkit? Also, make sure you are running the 1.3.1 Recommended Build this bug might have been fixed.

diannetea I just tried it on a 1.3.1 localhost server and I can't get it working on that either. The bug is probably occurring because you don't have the latest RB of bukkit.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  5. Offline

sharp237

What is your plugin called to disable the villager trading?

6. Offline

bobacadodl

sharp237
    I don't have it released on bukkit its just for my server.
    I might release on bukkit later

7. Offline

diannetea

This is most definitely happening with the latest RB of bukkit. I disabled the trade fix mod just in case it was causing it, it wasn't.

Step by step instructions (assuming you have a trade window open already):

1. Put your trade in window.
    2. Hold shift
    3. Click villager's trade item (both right and left click do it)
    4. Watch your inventory fill with the item and not take your trade with each click

8. Offline

bobacadodl

I JUST tested this on my localhost server running the 1.3.1 RB and this doesn't work.

9. Offline

diannetea

hrm let me see if maybe another plugin is causing it

Well now I'm just confused. I made a complete copy of all of my plugins to test it on a local server and it's not happening at all. What could be causing it on my server?

Figured it out, it was a plugin :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  10. Offline

np98765

Which one? I'm curious.

11. Offline

diannetea

StackableItems