/summon command permission node?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Adzkii, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Adzkii

Hey guys, i was wondering if there is a permission node for /summon command?
    I mean is when you summon a mob or animal In-game using /summon?
    I wanna give a permission to one of my group but i don't know the permission node.

Any help?

2. Offline

VexorTragic

I believe it's just essentials.summon

3. Offline

Adzkii

Is the command from essentials? I'm sure it's not?

4. Offline

Rokinscom

Because it is a Vanilla command there is no way I know of that does what you want. I suggest using the /spawnmob command in essentials, as you can do all of the same things (or close to) with it.

Node: essentials.spawnmob.*

5. Offline

Adzkii

Thanks. :p

6. Offline

Rokinscom

7. Offline

kazdj21

If you still want the /summon command.
    I think its

bukkit.summon

8. Offline

Adzkii

Confusing me :p Is it from bukkit or essentials?

9. Offline

kazdj21

Well since /summon can be used without essentials, then you can try minecraft.summon or bukkit.summon
    /summon is a built-in command.
    However, I am not sure if these are the right nodes though.

10. Offline

Adzkii

I gotta try both, but need a straight answer :/

11. Offline

kazdj21

Usually minecraft built-in commands have nodes other people don't know :L You should try the nodes i gave you.

12. Adzkii kazdj21 /summon never used to be a part of Minecraft, so it was just for plugins (such as Essentials). Now, however, it has been added into Minecraft, so it is a vanilla command. There is a list of CraftBukkit commands here, but /summon is not listed there. It may be possible that it's simply outdated, and maybe it only includes the commands Bukkit affects. If I were you, I'd try either the bukkit.command.summon (not bukkit.summon) or minecraft.command.summon - chances are it's one of those two.

13. Offline

kazdj21

Well, /summon is a built-in command of Minecraft now. But yeah i do believe the nodes you gave are right.

14. Offline

kazdj21

You got me confused when you said: /summon never used to be a part of Minecraft

15. kazdj21 "never used to" implies that it is now, and my very next sentence confirms that :)

16. Offline

Adzkii

I don't think it's both of them, Using group manager but whenever i add it, it just crashes my plugin

17. Adzkii Well, no, wouldn't likely be both. I meant try one, if it doesn't work, try the other.

18. Offline

Adzkii

Ofc that's what i done, both don't work.

19. Adzkii And one of them cause groupmanager to crash?

20. Offline

Adzkii

Yeah after restarting it.... How do i get this to work?

21. Adzkii Does it give you an error?

22. Offline

Adzkii

Yes! Crashes my plugin.

23. Adzkii I mean does it give you an error message? Some sort of information?

24. Offline

Adzkii

Here:

Code:
    2014-07-10 17-15
    =============================== GM ERROR LOG ===============================
    = ERROR REPORT START - 2.1.20 (Phoenix) =

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The following file couldn't pass on Parser.
    plugins/GroupManager/worlds/world/groups.yml
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.WorldDataHolder.loadGroups(WorldDataHolder.java:577)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.WorldDataHolder.loadGroups(WorldDataHolder.java:497)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.worlds.WorldsHolder.loadWorld(WorldsHolder.java:678)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.worlds.WorldsHolder.loadWorld(WorldsHolder.java:640)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.worlds.WorldsHolder.initialWorldLoading(WorldsHolder.java:110)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.worlds.WorldsHolder.initialLoad(WorldsHolder.java:100)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.worlds.WorldsHolder.resetWorldsHolder(WorldsHolder.java:92)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.onEnable(GroupManager.java:181)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.onCommand(GroupManager.java:1827)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:180)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:740)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:957)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:818)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:28)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.PacketPlayInChat.handle(PacketPlayInChat.java:47)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:157)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ServerConnection.c(SourceFile:134)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:667)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.v(DedicatedServer.java:258)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:558)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:469)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628)
    Caused by: while scanning an alias
    in "<reader>", line 110, column 9:
                ^
    expected alphabetic or numeric character, but found but found 

25. Adzkii It's telling you that * isn't allowed. At the very least it'd need to be '*' since that will let YAML know you want it as a String. Note, though, that it's generally a bad idea to give a group every permission

26. Offline

Adzkii

In what way do you mean?

27. Adzkii The most prominent example is that some plugins use permissions that you wouldn't want admins to have, or use permissions that conflict with each other. Off the top of my head, VanishNoPacket and NameTags. With VNP, chances are you don't actually want all of the possible effects and features to be used. With NT, your name tag is a different colour depending on the node you grant. If you grant all of them, it understandably gets confused.

28. Offline

Adzkii

Well then i don't want to give my group full access to the whole thing... Reason why i'm asking about the summon is because I want my group to have access to summon horses only! Such as undead horse, skele horse etc... nothing else

29. Adzkii Then you'll need a plugin with that capability, and remove the * permission node from your file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.