Suggestions Regarding Plug-Ins for Home Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lunarius Haberdash, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Using Craftbukkit 953.

I'm fairly new to this whole 'running a server' thing, and I'm looking for some advice pertaining to the plug-ins I'm using. I'm not looking/asking in the individual threads due to the nature of the question. In this case: "These are what I'm using, is someone with more experience seeing any redundancies/conflicts that I may be unaware of?"

I'll also mention a few changes I want to make afterwards, and hope for some advice on plug-ins I may not have discovered yet.

My Plug Ins (open)

Angry Wolves:
    Use: Make some wolves spawn angry, and fireproof hellhounds for the nether.
    Appleseed:
    Use: Allowing the farming of Cocoa Beans and Apples without making every tree do this.
    Arms:
    Use: Modifying damage and defense for weapons and armor respectively.

Bandages:
    Use: Will ultimately be a major component in my healing system. Food will no longer heal, a slow heal over time will be implemented, as well as 'Campfire' and 'Chaircraft' to facilitate healing. Currently configured to wool.

BlockCrusher:
    Use: Allows Pistons to crush and compress blocks to refine them. Part of my modified tech tree.
    Bookworm:
    Use: Allows players to write books and make bookshelves functional. Much as I'd like BookcaseStorage to function, every time I take a book out of the shelf, it crashes. So I'm stuck with just this one.
    BukkitContrib:
    BrokenFingers:
    Use: A way to insure that for any project of appreciable size require tools. OtherBlocks *almost* handles this but is missing a few features I enjoy.
    ChairCraft:
    Use: A nice cosmetic plug-in, also part of the servers 'health' system.
    ChopTree:
    Use: A way to make tree harvesting more realistic, if unfortunately a bit faster. At least tools are damaged for more than one use. Currently using the 'cactus pop' version, likely switching to the 'drop when chopped' model soon.'
    ColorMe:
    Use: Just a way to handle name colors, nothin' fancy.
    CustomCrafting:
    Use: A very useful little gadget, currently being used to allow reclamation of materials from damaged weapons and armor, and a few other little details.
    Eternal Wolf:
    Use: The Wolf AI leaves quite a bit to be desired, so to make the animals actually useful, they're incapable of dying on our server.
    Fence Door:
    Use: Because Notch hasn't given us these yet. ;) No visual difference, and that's a shame, but useful none the less.
    Flaming Arrows:
    Use: The ability to light arrows with Flint and Steel. Only sadness is they don't set fire to blocks. But mobs burn nicely.
    Get Seed:
    Use: Lets you get the world seed. Doesn't seem to work though.

Gills:
    Use: To give the ability to breath underwater with a specific set of equipment. Now if it only required you to wear the wearable bits. >.<
    GravelClay:
    Use: Allows a quick transferance of Gravel to Clay. I'll be moving to ClayGen eventually.
    Growbie:
    Use: Expanding the farming options in the game, not what I'd desire, but I've no wish to mess about with Mods for now.
    Hungry:
    Use: A stand-in for Gastronomic, since that delightful program died. It lacks the ability to add a hunger level based heal over time, and potential damage from foods. But it's a start.
    Lightning Giants:
    Use: Lightning strikes Zombies, they become giant zombies.

Living Forest:

Use: A very nice plug-in for managing 'natural' regrowth of chopped/burned trees.
    PistonChest:
    Use: Allows sticky pistons to pull items into/out of chests and various items.
    MapClone:
    Use: Enables the players to copy maps other than Map_0
    ModDamage:
    Use: Very nice way to manage damage from different weapon types and just about everything else. Personalization, we has it.
    MoveCraft:
    Use: Vehicles, we have them. It's a bit cycle-heavy, but whatcha gonna do.
    Multiverse:
    Use: Craft-Trekking, across the universe. Very useful and fun plug-in.
    MusicCraft:
    Use: A wonderful plug-in that allows player generated content in the form of musical compositions.
    Namespace:
    Use: Creating named regions that announce entrance and departure. Quite nice for creating atmosphere and sense of place.
    Nightland:
    Use: Nightland makes a world all dark, all the time. Used for my 'Stygia' world, a beautiful world of darkness.
    OtherBlocks:
    Use: This one is amazing, currently it enables my different tech tree. You mine redstone ore and diamond ore, which must then be run through a rock-crusher to extract it's contents. In the case of redstone ore, you get one dust from a furnace, or 4 from the crusher.
    Permissions:
    Use: Allowing/disallowing various players access to various commands and such.
    Pigasus:
    Use: Gives chickens the power of flight on my main world, in my 'Skylands Aether' area, it gives all mobs flight. >.< Now I just need to figure out how to let other beasts spawn there.
    PistonChest:
    Use: Allows sticky pistons to push items into chests, and pull them out. Quite useful for automated facilities.
    PoisonFood:
    Use: Standing in for missing functionality from Hungry. Will be removed as soon as options are available elsewhere.
    PorteCoulissante:
    Use: Retractable portcullises powered by redstone.
    RealCompass:
    Use: Compass points to 'true north' rather than spawn.

Retractable Bridge:
    Use: Allows redstone powered retractable bridges in a quite realistic style.

RocketBoots:
    Use: Allows flight, a temporary patch until I find one that functions more to my liking. Flight is a good one, but I need to double check the permissions on that. I couldn't get it to work last time, so I uninstalled it.
    RuneCraft:
    Use: Amazing spell-like powers based on configuration of blocks.
    SheepFeed:
    Use: Feeding sheep seeds makes them regrow their wool.
    SitStay:
    Use: Makes wolves stay put when you tell them to stay. No matter what.
    SpawnMob:
    Use: Allows spawning of Mobs at will.
    Streetlamps:
    Use: A useful thing that allows the creation of Streetlamps of Glowstone, fence, and redstone.
    Tables:
    Use: Allows pressure plates to be put on fenceposts and glass to make tables.
    WorldEdit:
    Use: A useful tool for fixing/modifying the landscape at will.

Desired Changes:
    I'm looking for a plug-in that will let me dictate spawn-rates in the various worlds. Specifically I want creatures other than the chicken to be able to spawn in Skylands.

Other desired changes to come later. (This took more out of me to write than I thought.. Phew!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.