[SUGGESTIONS] MineVault - Backup Plugin

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by ccrama, Apr 28, 2014.

?

Would you be interested in using this plugin?

1. Yes!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Possibly...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, don't need it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ccrama

Hello Bukkit,
    After many server resets and lost data over the last couple years, I have decided I want to make myself a backup plugin. This will be no ordinary backup plugin, though. I will let you specify any paths you want to be backed up(Just want world files in backup1? Just add /world/data to the config!), the specific date/time or timerange you want, and will have the ability to backup to file, dropbox, or Google Drive. This will allow for an unlimited combination of file locations.

For example, every day at 10:00pm, I want to save my world data. I'm scared the data might be lost on the server, so I would set the config to back up to google drive ONLY the world data files as so:

HTML:
    WorldBackup:
        Method: GoogleDocs
        Files:
        - /world/data/*
        - /plugins/Essentials/userdata/*
        - /plugins/Essentials.jar
        Frequency:
        - 24h
        - 20:00
    I still need ideas, though. If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them here!

Cheers,
    ccrama

2. Offline

DxDy

This is the forum this post belongs to ;)

ccrama likes this.
  3. Offline

ccrama

DxDy I thought that was for people ASKING for plugins, I am going to be developing this plugin so thought this would be the appropriate place

DxDy likes this.
  4. Offline

DxDy

Well, this one is for programming problems. Have you considered the Work in Progress Forum?

Also I fear you might be reinventing the wheel here. There are already a lot of backup-plugins out there which have similar functions. Besides this sounds like something that might as well be achieved by a simple bash script.

5. Offline

ccrama

DxDy That is probably the appropriate place. Mod please move it there and remove the last few posts!

6. Offline

Iroh

Moved to WIP and dev status.

7. Offline

ccrama

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.