Suggestion to make this cool

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by raymart23, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

raymart23

Hello I am suggesting that bukkit needs to change your own theme why ?

because this theme will produce lag at first
    then this theme looks creepy

( Sorry For my Words ) ;

I am being honest because all of my friends telling it to me

2. @raymart23 I really don't understand what you mean. The slow page loads that some experience is not to do with the theme, and what do you mean it looks "creepy"?

3. Offline

Lolmewn

I have no lag, nor is it in any way creepy imo. Or is that the new one, to which you put no reference, that you were talking about?

4. Offline

raymart23

Its been a laggy theme trust me some of time it would be freezes

5. @raymart23 And your evidence to support that this is the theme and not something more likely?

6. Offline

raymart23

@AdamQpzm the theme must be simple so no one will be laggy

7. @raymart23 You've yet to provide any evidence the theme causes lag... I can sit for and continue to insist that the shade of hair colour you're using in your profile picture is causing the web page to load really slowly. But unless I can provide any evidence for that, you're just going to say it's ridiculous and won't change your picture, because you're right.

To me this sounds like a classic case of trying to fix what you think the problem is, rather than trying to fix what the problem actually is. So you're experiencing slow page loads and, for whatever reason, you've decided that it's the theme that's causing these issues. That's pretty ridiculous, the theme is fine.

Tecno_Wizard likes this.
  8. Offline

raymart23

@AdamQpzm hmm sorry I can't prove it yet because it will come in a unexpected event

9. @raymart23 Okay then, but can you at least explain what steps you took to work out that it was the "theme" (which, by the way, simply consists mostly of just telling your browser the colours/layout/images to use or whatever) that was creating the lag, if any? If you didn't take any steps to work this out, why are you assuming it's the theme that's making it lag? You surely must have a reason behind this, yes?

10. This is the first ever report of a laggy theme IIRC. If this is an issue which it doesn't seem to be for a lot of people, in order find the issue we need steps on how to reproduce this or some sort of video or something showing what is happening. When it next happens please capture the issue and post it here. It could easily be an Internet issue or an extenstion on your browser. As @AdamQpzm said, it is weird and doesn't seem right that the theme would cause this issue as it is pretty much just styling.

11. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

This theme is 'laggy' in that it's a complicated mess of css and javascript. If my computer is under intense IO stress, slowing things down, this site is observably laggy compared to, for instance, my community's forum which is pretty much as simple as you can get without losing colors.

12. Offline

lol768

13. Offline

raymart23

@lol768 ty don't know about it
    but wanted bukkit.org had it

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  14. Offline

Jones01Sean

For me in all of my mobile devices and my PC. I have experienced no lag. One of the mobile devices being a jailbroken iphone 4 loaded with tweaks being abnormally slow, yet all pages on my phone for bukkit to load, ironicly, load abnormally fast, but when it comes to loading pages it depends on what browser you use, your computer specs, and your internet speeds, oh and also how many processes your computer is using at the moment
    Edit: I judt realised I somewhat necro'ed a post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.