Suggestion for Pocket Edition iOS server Hosting

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by bruce00j, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bruce00j

As far as I know there is no plausable or easy way to host an online server for the pocket edition of minecraft both on the android or iOS.

People have been popping up around the place saying VPN's could possably work but I am unsure on this and it means there is no way of server administration because there is no console or text based interface.

I think after the BUKKIT team get back from minecon and get the 1.0.0 official server host out they should work on a mobile device one, one which is ran off a computer (because it would be annoying swapping between the software and minecraft on a phone/ipod) I only know that the iOS supports VPN but I am unsure about android because I have never owned one.

One way I can think of doing this (for iOS) is to get a server software to emulate an iOS version of pocket edition on the computer (because it has to connect to a mobile device not the computer) and then what the server host does it give out his IP for that VPN for people to connect to his/her server and there you have it you have people that are not on your local area playing with you on your ipod/iphone/ipad.

I do understand that the BUKKIT team are very busy fixing bugs make things better and more smooth but this is just an idea for now to have online play with the pocket edition for iOS.

If anyone has an idea about the android version post it below it could be helpfull

2. Offline

markegan

well im not very god at computing (im awful at it) but you make a good point there should be a way to host a minecraft server from a computer to use on a phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.