Strange ClassNotFoundExcption

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Nalydmerc, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nalydmerc

I've been coding for a long time, but for the life of me I cannot figure this out.

Error:
    plugin.yml:
    Setup:
    [​IMG]

I've had problems with the .classpath during this, as well, so I'll go ahead and post it:
    Bump.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  2. Offline

Europia79

Nalydmerc

You have 14 classes total that "extends JavaPlugin"

for one file that I saw, you did it so that you could use the Bukkit scheduler and pass "this" to it.

Instead of that.

Right before you need a Plugin for something, do

Code:
    Plugin p = Bukkit.getPluginManager().getPlugin("N3K");
    then pass "p" instead of "this"

I changed everything and submitted a Pull Request on the github repository

3. Offline

Nalydmerc

Thank you. I changed everything around like you submitted. Unfortunately, though, I am still getting the error.

Also, since I didn't post it before, even though you already found it, for everyone else, the code can be found at https://github.com/Nalydmerc/N3K

It still gives me the same ClassNotFountException.

It's also worth noting this:

When I edit the Build Path in the Project properties and set up everything normally, I get this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nnyf6j9wht1kmmj/Screenshot 2014-04-13 14.35.31.png

Looking at the classpath, everything looks normal:
    After some experimenting, I found that I can get around this and export it successfully if I add an extra '/' to the end of the craftbukkit line (like all the rest of them have) like so:

I have little/no knowledge of whatever kind of code this is, but I did this just experimenting, attempting to fix it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

Europia79

Nalydmerc

Oh sorry, i didn't notice you still had problems:

HTML:
    <br/>
    the extra slash is XML to end a tag. So ya, i see that it says XML at the very top, which means that you do need the extra slash at the end "/>"

Did you solve this problem ? Cause I don't use Eclipse. I use Netbeans. Also, i was able to build with Netbeans with no problems and startup the server with N3K.jar

so... what I was *trying* to do was replicate the error you got... But I couldn't. It worked fine for me.

Tag me if you need any more help.

The only problems I had building this project was that I had to convert from UTF-8 encoding to Windows-1252 encoding because one of the command executors had special characters that wouldn't compile with UTF-8

5. Offline

Nalydmerc

I did not solve this problem. I think it has something to do with Eclipse. When I add the extra /, I open the build path in the project properties and it has nothing in it, as if it's empty, as if Eclipse can't read it or something. When I edit the build path in the project properties, Eclipse doesn't add that extra /.

I'll continue working on it. Maybe I can figure something out about it. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.