Strange bug, please help me!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by colin shepherd, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

colin shepherd

I just updated my bukkit server program two days ago, and %50 of the people who use my server are having a weird bug where they spawn in midair, nothing is able to be seen except for paintings, and then they get kicked several seconds later. I need help, im not sure if i correctly updated my server, and i need help on how to update the server and plugins...

Thanks!

I also attached a picture that shows the errors, and my folder with bukkit in it, i hope it helps! screen errors.jpg

2. Offline

crafta

seems to me that some of your plugins are out of date - they are using the stupidly long constructor.

To update your server you just need to replace the "craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar" file with the newer release that you would download from the usual place.

To update your plugins you just to replace their respective jars in the /plugins folder, hopefully you wont need to edit config files since you already have them done.

If you still have errors after updates I would try to run the newest, or latest recommended server Vanilla to see if there are any errors, and then put your plugins back one by one

Sorry Im not more help :(

3. Offline

TnT

I do not see any errors at all in those screenshots.

4. Offline

DIENER

Those are not errors but warnings that they are using the TSLPC. Go nag the plugin authors to update.

5. Offline

colin shepherd

ok, thanks everyone, and what about the weird painting glitch where they get kicked right away??

6. Offline

jwideman

They aren't getting kicked, they are crashing. Tell them to remove their mods and see if that fixes it.

7. Offline

colin shepherd

r u sure? because whats happening is they are spawning and floating in midair, then they see just paintings, and they get kicked, could it be my server?
    the plugins i have are:
    voxel more
    voxelsniper
    voxeldoop
    noon
    bSwarm
    RedstonePlugin

8. Offline

jwideman

It COULD be your server, but none of those plugins should be doing that. You might update to build 440, as that's recommended, and update your plugins. The spawning in midair, floating, and only seeing paintings suggest their client lagging out while trying to load the chunks around them. And the so-called kick all but confirms it. Unless they see the message that they got kicked, they didn't. Their client disconnected from the server, probably because it lagged out.
    What do the non-affected players experience when this happens? Is there anything in the log?

9. Offline

colin shepherd

they say it works perfect for them, i am one of them, and it runs fine for me

10. Offline

TnT

If your server is working fine for all but a few people - its going to be a problem on their side. What exactly is going to be tough to find out, but have them check through the minecraftforums.net - you'll get better support for client issues and vanilla server software there.

11. Offline

colin shepherd

kk thanks

12. Offline

TnT

Of course, that shouldn't stop you from having them update to the latest version of java to see if that helps.

13. Offline

colin shepherd

hahahaha, i told them that and they thought it was a stupid idea, lol

14. Offline

TnT

Tell them they were stupid ideas. :p

15. Offline

colin shepherd

lol, but im having another problem... when i open my .bat file to start the server, it says

Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

heres a screenshot
    Untitled.jpg

16. Offline

TnT

Look closely, you have a bukkit snapshot file, but not the craftbukkit file. Remove the bukkit snapshot, download the latest recommended build, put it in that folder, try again.

17. Offline

colin shepherd

rookie mistakeXD but now it works, but it says

"Could not reserve enough space for object heap"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.