Solved Stopwatch on actionbar

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MiBB3L, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MiBB3L

I want to create a stopwatch on the actionbar. It should goes from 00:00:00 up, like 00:00:01, 00:00:02 ... . I´ve never worked with schedulers and don´t know how to do that. Could someone help me?

2. Offline

KarimAKL

@MiBB3L You can create a new BukkitRunnable using this:
    Code:Java
    1. new BukkitRunnable() {
    2. @Override
    3. public void run() {
    4. // Increment the time and resend the actionbar here
    5. }
    6. }.runTaskTimer(plugin /*main class*/, delay /*delay before the runnable starts*/, period /*time in between runs*/);

The delay and period are in ticks, meaning that you'll set it to 20 for it to run every second.

3. Offline

MiBB3L

Everything is working perfectly, except I can´t get the Timer on the actionbar, because this isnt working:
    Code:
    player.spigot().sendMessage(ChatMessageType.ACTION_BAR, TextComponent.fromLegacyText(message));
    How can I send a actionbar message?

4. Offline

KarimAKL

@MiBB3L That should work, are you getting any errors?

5. Offline

MiBB3L

"The method fromLegacyText(String) is undefined for the type TextComponent"

6. Offline

KarimAKL

@MiBB3L Did you accidentally import "java.awt.TextComponent" instead of "net.md_5.bungee.api.chat.TextComponent"?

7. Offline

MiBB3L

When I import "net.md_5.bungee.api.chat.TextComponent", than I get the error: "The method sendMessage(BaseComponent...) in the type Player.Spigot is not applicable for the arguments (ChatMessageType, BaseComponent[])"

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  8. Offline

KarimAKL

@MiBB3L You're using an old version. (1.9 or below) The Player.Spigot#sendMessage(ChatMessageType, BaseComponent) method was added in 1.9.2.

You'll have to use NMS for older versions.

9. Offline

MiBB3L

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.