Stop teleport deaths

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Hedgehogs4Me, May 31, 2013.

1. Offline

Hedgehogs4Me

I feel kind of guilty for doing two requests in not so long of a time, but I promise, I'll stop eventually. I just have absolutely no idea at all how I'd go about coding this one.

Plugin category: FIX

Suggested name: SafeTeleport

What I want: Sometimes*, when teleporting a player a long distance, they'll fall into the floor and suffocate, or even through a floor and void-die if it's not very thick. That's quite a problem on my MobArena server, as you can probably imagine.

All I want is a fix for this. Maybe hold them up in the air until a chunk loads? Teleport them a block higher than is needed as well? Teleport them to the nearest block above them if they suffocate or start dying from void (this option would mean that I can't have a "falling off the world" type of map or a custom suffocating-type boss ability, but oh well - safety first)? I don't know how much would be required, but I'd be glad to put it on the server and test whatever you come up with, as long as it doesn't have any downsides, which I can't imagine it will.

Unfortunately, it can't just be a command that teleports you safely, it has to detect and fix all teleporting, since joining a mob arena also teleports you safely!

*It happens fairly rarely, but not enough so that it's irrelevant: about once or twice per day on a server that regularly has 20-50 people online and has people teleporting everywhere, which might make the plugin hard to test, unfortunately.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: safeteleport.safe - teleport safely. Default true. Not needed in my case, but there's no harm in including it in case someone else using your plugin might want to turn it off for some people.

When I'd like it by: As I said in my last plugin request, take your time, you're the developer. I'm in no position to tell you when I want it by and I don't know why this is on the request form. I suppose ASAP would be nice considering that people die all the time from this. :)

2. Offline

bradicaljh

Hey... Do I know you? XD haha

This sounds really weird, I'm curious enough to try to reproduce this and see exactly what is going on. Maybe in the mean time someone else will comment what is going on, they may even have a fix already!

Also, never feel guilty for requesting plugins. I like to think of requests more as suggestions, YOU are contributing to bukkit, and as long as a dev has free time and doesn't mind, it's all going toward the community really :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016