Stitched Worlds

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by CorruptedHelix, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Offline

CorruptedHelix

Plugin category: Fun, Mechanics

Suggested name: Skyfall (cough)

What I want: The plan for a server I'm working on is to have two primary worlds, one linking to the Skylands (using a custom Multiverse generator) and a normally generated world (or custom, but that doesn't matter). What I basically need done is that if you fall out of the Skylands, instead of falling to the void, you fall into the overworld (from Y axis 128 or 256, configurable maybe if other people want to use it?). Fall damage will be applied according to the coordinate you fell from after falling from the Skylands. If possible, I need the Skylands world to use the same nether portal and end portal as the overworld... Needs to be completely multiverse compatible.

tl;dr, I need a plugin that links the Skylands and overworld together in one direction (making it so they both link so that if you pass 256 in the world under the Skylands you'd go to the Skylands would be a bit tricky, no?).

Ideas for commands: /skyfall reload (reloads configuration, if any), /skyfall stitch <world on top> <world on bottom> (sets the top world and bottom world, if you fall into the void on the top world and have the correct permission it'll set you to a configurable Y axis on the world below it instead)

Ideas for permissions: skyfall.fall (Having permission would give this group the ability to fall from the Skylands to the world below it), skyfall.admin (Having permission lets you use /skyfall reload and /skyfall stitch)
    When I'd like it by: No time limit, take your time.

2. Offline

TKramez

3. Offline

Lonesface

Well I almost finished it last night, but if you want to work on it then I'll keep mine in my workspace for later use.

4. Offline

JazzaG

5. Offline

TKramez

If you're going to work on a plugin request then it is generally a good idea to post so other people know and don't do it for themselves. You can do because mine is barely started anyway.

6. Offline

Lonesface

Internet adapter cut itself off for a bit when I started. But it's no worries for me. If you want to work on it then go ahead.

7. Offline

TKramez

I already deleted the project so it's all yours.

8. Offline

CorruptedHelix

JazzaG Overlapping is supposively removed in the latest version of Inception, and I'd assume that's what the feature I want is called. If that's not the case, then my bad.

9. Offline

Lonesface

10. Offline

CorruptedHelix

I'm a bit confused as to what feature is what feature... I skimmed over the page, and didn't look at the documentation yet.

11. Offline

Lonesface

Well, I've sent you a PM with the plugin download in it.

12. Offline

fromgate

13. Offline

CorruptedHelix

Yeah, Lonesface linked me to it earlier, I didn't even know this plugin already existed like that, even less so with the same name (mine was a James Bond reference .-.).

14. Hey CorruptedHelix,

Already tried any of the two plugins Inception or Skyfall? I don't see much differences in their functionality, but the "takes just about 1 millisecond(1/1000th of a second) for a server with 10 worlds and 40-50 players online." and the synchronization of time from Inception does make me interested.

I will test them for myself but it would be great if someone already tried them both of course.