Solved Staff to Player message

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by XdarkbeastX, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

XdarkbeastX

@timtower
    Dude, any bukkit plugins can almost work on a spigot/cauldron server.

2. Offline

MCJoshua345

@XdarkbeastX
    ? Are you sure you used it right? Did you test with two people? Did you do the permissioins correctly? And by the way, you can get CraftBukkit, Bukkit, and Spigot for 1.8 here.

3. Offline

XdarkbeastX

@MCJoshua345
    I did test it. It didn't show up on my Cauldron 17.10 1.1307.06.218 and Spigot Protocol 1.8/1.7 hack

4. Offline

MCJoshua345

@XdarkbeastX
    Please tell me if you did it with 2 people, and with the correct permissions. If you just have both permission, I don't think that would work.

5. Offline

XdarkbeastX

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  6. Offline

ForsakenRealmz

@XdarkbeastX I haven't made 12 plugins like some of these guys, but hopefully what I made will work for you. It's basically what you want, but I did not add the configuration file, yet.

Players can use /helpop, /helpstaff, /ask <Message> and send a message to all of the people who have the 'customs.receive' permission.

Staff can respond to players messages with /stafftoplayer, /stp, /stafftp <Player> <Message> and it will look like this... "[From Admin]: <Message>"

I've tested on Bukkit 1.7.9-1.7.10 and it works.
    Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/smyf49ik5gxgs0w/SimpleHelpOp.jar?dl=0

Textfile with permission nodes and command usage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmqt2scencavu70/SimpleHelpOp Guide.txt?dl=0

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  7. Offline

XdarkbeastX

@ForsakenRealmz
    Thank you. I hope it works.

@ForsakenRealmz
    It does work on bukkit/spigot but i was hoping it should work for Cauldron 1.7.10 1.1307.06.218 . Well it didn't work on Cauldron.

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged posts. Please don't double post. There is an Edit Button right next to the Date.>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  8. Offline

MCJoshua345

@XdarkbeastX
    I downloaded the file, exported it, looked in the class files etc. etc. It's pretty much the same code:
    Code:
    for(Player admins : Bukkit.getOnlinePlayers()){
                              if(admins.hasPermission("helpholler.recieve")){
                                  admins.sendMessage(hs + ChatColor.GREEN + "From: " + ChatColor.GOLD + ChatColor.BOLD + p.getName());
                                  admins.sendMessage(hs + msg);
                                  return true;
                              }
                          }
    (My Code)
    Code:
    for (Player p : Bukkit.getOnlinePlayers()) {
                if (p.hasPermission("customs.receive")) {
                  p.sendMessage(ChatColor.DARK_RED + "[Help] " + ChatColor.GOLD + "[From]: " + p.getName() + ": " + ChatColor.GREEN + str.toString().trim());
                }
              }
    (@ForsakenRealmz 's code.)
    There's no reason that mine shouldn't work.
    By the way, it's built of a 1.8 Spigot JAR, but it should still work for 1.7 Spigot. Look at the plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/help-holler/ 22 downloads, no complaints. My assumption is that it's working correctly for those 22 people.

9. Offline

XdarkbeastX

@MCJoshua345
    But how about Cauldron 1.7.10 1.1307.06.218 . That's the main server i'm using :/

10. Offline

MCJoshua345

@XdarkbeastX
    As far as I know, Caludron is a Forge-Bukkit mix. Sooooo it should work. Again, please please please please please tell me if you're testing it with 2 or more people.

11. Offline

XdarkbeastX

@MCJoshua345
    I did test it. I know how to test plugin with correct permissions. even with 2 peoples it doesn't show up neither on /pl /plugins and /ver [tab]

12. Offline

MCJoshua345

@XdarkbeastX The plugin didn't show up on /plugins or /pl? Check the console. Did it say anything? Did you try using the command? I tried transferring the plugin to use the Cauldron API, but alas, my attemps failed. You did mention that @ForsakenRealmz 's plugin worked on Bukkit and Spigot. does my plugin work on Bukkit and Spigot? And why are you using Cauldron? It's unsupported and it's downloads were removed.

13. Offline

XdarkbeastX

14. Offline

MCJoshua345

@XdarkbeastX I don't think I can help you anymore because you are using Cauldron. It's a unsupported, abandoned, non-downloadable server type. I don't want to waste my time learning a dead API, and learning how to make plugins for a dead server type. PEACE OUT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.