STAFF BUKKIT HELP BUG ENCHANTED Book And Quill

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by levisn1, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

levisn1

Today i updated my server whih 1.3.2 r3. raccomended build, because i was hoping that Evil had solved the bug of enchanted books, but apparently has not been resolved, even now players who are killed with these books, I do not know how, once disconnected from the server, come back and have infinite life. I did a /whos is on ghandi92.

17:06:15 [INFO] == WhoIs: ghandi92 ==
    17:06:15 [INFO] - Nick: ghandi92
    17:06:15 [INFO] - Health: 25.187/20 <--------LOOK!! O.O 25.187 on 20...
    17:06:15 [INFO] - Exp: 56 (Livello 3)
    17:06:15 [INFO] - Posizione: (world, -5.061, 83, 1.527)
    17:06:15 [INFO] - Denaro: $3
    17:06:15 [INFO] - IP Address: /95.248.235.182
    17:06:15 [INFO] - Gamemode: survival
    17:06:15 [INFO] - God mode: false
    17:06:15 [INFO] - OP: false
    17:06:15 [INFO] - Fly mode: false (not flying)
    17:06:15 [INFO] - AFK: false
    17:06:15 [INFO] - Prison: false
    17:06:15 [INFO] - Muted: false

2. Offline

Jozeth

3. Offline

levisn1

4. Offline

MyPictures

levisn1 likes this.
  5. Offline

midnightfang22

6. Offline

levisn1

7. Offline

MyPictures

Hmm it should have been fixed there, I'm not sure. EvilSeph improved it more in the 1.4.2 builds:
    http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/

I didn't test the fix from CB yet.

8. Offline

EvilSeph

Our fix prevents overly powerful books from being made, we don't recover from any damage already done. The "infinite" life is an after effect of the exploit, not the exploit itself and isn't something we've explicitly tried to fix.

Ping levisn1 MyPictures

9. Offline

MyPictures

Thanks for the quick fix :).

First I and asofold were thinking to waiting for CraftBukkit for fixing this but asofold had some free time and so he decided to also make a hotfix for this security issue.

Now NC+ (Build 190 and up) will do it like this:
    Check if book has enchantments on it --> If true --> remove them from the used book

So if someone wants to remove the already crafted "hacked" books then he/she should use NC+ for awhile (week, month or forever? ;P) on the server. It will remove the enchantments whenever a player used a book somehow (InventoryClick, Interact and much more...).

Download and the commits of this build you can get here:
    http://nocheatplus.org:8080/job/NoCheatPlus/190/

If you only trust DevBukkit files then get the approved file from here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheatplus/files/32-nocheat-plus-3-7-9-rc-b191/

OMG @EvilSeph pinged me :confused:

10. Offline

EvilSeph

There are legitimate reasons for having book enchantments (and these are allowed by the Bukkit API too), so removing all enchanted books is not a good idea and why we have opted not to include a fix to remove them, but rather a fix to prevent them.

MyPictures likes this.
  11. Offline

MyPictures

Yea but on the other side its good to have the already made 3000+ lvl books removed and denied from using anymore. A book with loot 3000+ will probably crash the server.

We will undo that hotfix from NoCheat+ anyways, because its not needed anymore for owners that use CB RC 3.0 and up.

For the future the "prevent" method will be better of course because it allows admins/owners to "make" such books still and use it for fun/adventure. Totally agree with that :)

12. Offline

levisn1

Damn in my server i found more of 150 enchanted books O.O :( i hope that with the update of nc+ there will be less in future..people can destroy the economy of every servers, because with an anchanted book , for example, i can drop infinite gunpowder from creepers, so i can have a lot of TNT without stress lol xD

13. I expected it to be fixed in that way.

For servers which already suffered exploits it is not an option not to remove them, though :) .

In NoCheatPlus it can be turned off by permission, currently. Later i will either make it some sort of generic and configurable "unwanted enchantments" check, configure it away, or just just remove it completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.