SQLite Not Working

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ManBearWaffle, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ManBearWaffle

I just moved my server from my computer to a Minecraft host, and I'm having some issues with SQLite that they can't seem to figure out. Plugins that use SQLite (BigBrother, iConomy, etc) work fine on my computer, but on the new server I get errors. The only SQLite plugin I got to work is LWC. sqlite.jar is in the lib folder. How can I fix it?

2. Offline

mughi

how about posting some of these errors?

3. Offline

ManBearWaffle

BigBrother suddenly decided to work. I didn't make any changes, but it's working now. iConomy still gives tons of errors. Any idea why BigBrother is working now?

Here is the log:

4. Offline

jwideman

Need details about the host.

5. Offline

ManBearWaffle

My host details are in my next post. This post has been edited to remove my host name. They seem to be going back and forth with my ticket. First they said they don't support SQLite and then they said they do, so I'm lost.

6. Offline

jwideman

I meant more like what OS, what architecture, how much ram, that sort of thing. The first thing I notice is that message that not enough ram was allocated.

As for SQLite, I'm going to guess they assumed you meant a service like MySQL before learning what it actually was. They can't not support it. (they might decline to provide technical support for it, but that doesn't seem to be what we're talking about)

7. Offline

ManBearWaffle

I believe its CentOS, OpenVZ, 512MB RAM.

8. Offline

jwideman

I'm no expert, but I don't think that's enough to run a bukkit server.

9. Offline

ManBearWaffle

It's enough to run a server for a low amount of players. I'm not sure how this is relevant to my question though.

10. Offline

TnT

Put the sqlite.jar file in the root of the craftbukkit directory, not the plugins directory.

11. Offline

ManBearWaffle

I think my host put it in the plugins directory. I already had it in the lib folder though, which is where I believe it needs to be. I figured out that BigBrother started working when a "native" folder appeared in the lib folder. Does anyone know how it got there or how I can get that folder manually if I switch hosts so I don't have issues again?

12. Offline

jwideman

512MB is enough for a small vanilla server. But for a bukkit server? Even before you get players on, you need room for the plugins, the server itself, and the OS. I remember reading that CentOS needs 512MB all by itself, though I'm not sure on that. Basically, giving minecraft 512MB on a 1GB machine is no big deal. Allocating that when it's all the ram you have... it's the first thing I'd look at when you have problems.
    As for your other issues... sqlite.jar being in the plugin folder will definitely cause problems, since bukkit will think it's a regular plugin and try to load it, which is Not Good.
    As far as I've ever seen, the lib folder and everything in it gets automatically created by certain plugins. (I think BigBrother is one of them.) It appeared because BB started working, not the other way around. I'm as stumped as you are that BB started working on its own if it was unrelated to moving sqlite.jar out of the plugins folder.

13. Offline

Blackstorm72

Had this same issue at first, I thought SQLite went in the bukkit/lib/ folder. I was told that it just goes in the bukkit root server folder.

Another fix, which fixed my issue (Awhile ago, I don't know if it's fixed), was that I got rid of all the SQLite databases themselves, added the Plugin 'Stats' and stats configured SQLite and fixed every single plugin that gave me errors.
    Might not be a fix for you - but it worked wonders for me.

14. Offline

ManBearWaffle

I got the server working 100% now. The sqlite.jar isn't in the root folder though, it's in the lib folder. It appears that LWC created the native folder and downloaded the last file needed to make everything else work. I guess it was a similar situation to yours @Blackstorm72.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.