SQLite Connector for using IKVM to run CraftBukkit?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by QQCucumber, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

QQCucumber

Okay, so, this all spawned from Zenexer posting about using IKVM and Mono to run CraftBukkit for much better performance, his thread is here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1023&t=216669

Zenexer himself has either been to busy or is not really interested in figuring this problem out, so I'm making a thread about it here.

Basically what's happening to me is that everything is working except for anything that relies on SQLite. The connector is incompatible and won't load. Supposedly you can compile it into a DLL to get it to work, but plugins are still going to try to load the jar. I'm not sure how I'd be able to get the DLL to load into it given I don't know anything about java.

I'm using CentOS 5.5 for this, with Mono 2.10.1 and IKVM 0.44.0.5

2. Offline

nerdnosyd

I did some of my own testing with IKVM and the performance gain decreases as the amount of plugins you use increases. I run close to 30 plugins and it would occasionally spam, "server overloaded," messages.... that is until you got into combat, then each combat action would throw a, "server overloaded," message and arrows were invisible! Oh and may the gods help you if a plugin has a memory leak for IKVM will find it and max out your memory in a heartbeat.

In my testing, however, IKVM did not have any problem with any of my SQLite plugins so I'm not really submitting anything beneficial to this thread I suppose.[​IMG] I am on Windows if that makes a difference.

3. Offline

QQCucumber

It very well might make a difference, I'm having to use a different methodology to get this working. I wonder what I could possibly be doing wrong, maybe I need to compile it into an exe? If what you say is true however, it sounds like this is a bit of a wild goose chase.

4. Offline

Incendia

Sort've a bump but I figured I'd post here instead of making a whole new thread:

http://pastie.org/1756623

However, it loads them just fine on windows, so it appears to be a... mono issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.