Spout, some questions

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by okami35, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

okami35

Hello,
    I begin with spout and i have some questions:
    First, how do you go to line in a GenericTextField and in a GenericLabel?
    Then, Can I show a widget to a player without GenericPopup? (I have an error when I use SpoutPlayer.getMainScreen().attachWidget(this, widget);)

Thank you for your help.

2. Offline

coldandtired

You can't attach a widget that needs interaction (Button, Slider, etc.) as there's no way for the player to click them when they're on the main screen.

3. Offline

olloth

What do you mean go to line?

4. Offline

okami35

Thank you for your response.
    When I press enter.

5. Offline

okami35

6. Offline

thehutch

Might help if either you could write proper english which of course means your foreign which would mean put up a translation into your native language so its easier for us to help you.

7. Offline

okami35

Sorry,
    So, in a GenericTextField, is it possible to go to line when I press "entry/enter"?(I don't know what is the english for "Entrée")

Thank you for your help

8. Offline

thehutch

tu parle francais? and idk much about the spoutAPI havent gone into the GUI part yet sorry

9. Offline

okami35

oui je parle français^^
    Ok thank you.
    I will wait for other answers

10. Offline

Windwaker

Still can't tell what you mean by "go to a line". Do you mean get the text in the text field?

11. Offline

coldandtired

I think he's asking if pressing enter/return in a TextField will work like in the chat box - i.e. execute whatever is in the TextField.

If so, yes you can. Use a ScreenListener and the onTextFieldChange() method, and listen for the KEY_NUMPADENTER or KEY_RETURN keys.

12. Offline

okami35

Sorry for my bad english
    when I press enter/return, i would want a new paragraph in the text field...

Really sorry and thank you for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.