Speed block

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by pixelbat, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Offline

pixelbat

This would be a relatively simple plugin. It would allow admins to assign speed properties to a certain block, so that when players walk on said block, they move faster. I thought of this idea when I was creating a long range road system. Even better if the speed block could be nested 1 under the surface, this way you could make your surface any material, and have the ability to keep the speed block limited if you want (could make it sponge or something normal players wouldn't have access too).

Config would be something like...

block = "<block id's go here>"
    allow nesting = "<true/false>" If set to true it would affect the block directly above, if set to false, then the block itself would have to be the surface.
    speed multiplyer = "<%>"

Could even expand on this idea with maybe other block types? Heal block? Jump block? Warp block? Damage Block?

I looked in the plugin repository for something like this, and there was something similar, but it required you to stack 3, and use combinations, and under brick and what not. Also hadn't been updated. It's ok, but not very designer friendly. In my situation I'm limited by the space underneath the surface, and parts of my road system are raised, so stacking excessive blocks just looks bad.

I'm not a coder, but perhaps one of you skilled talented java people would like this project :)

hi

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
    Ross Gosling likes this.
  2. Offline

pixelbat

double hi hi

3. Offline

pixelbat

best future plugin of the year, right here guys!

4. Offline

Uhehesh

lol noobs

5. Offline

pixelbat

:(

6. Offline

Paah

But I just saw this.
    I think the plugin was called "Highways" or something.

7. Offline

Teraku

Would seem pretty cool as plugin, but I believe it already exists. Kind of reminds me of propulsion gel.