Spawner rank up

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BroCanadian, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BroCanadian

Hey Bukkit

Minecraft version: 1.8+

Plugin categories: Factions

Suggested name: Spawner rank up

What I want:

This plugin does a couple different things. Number 1 every spawner has a tier attached to it. Whenever you recieve a spawner through silk spawner, it is always tier 1. You can tell this by in the lore of the spawner it says Tier __. This tier level indicates how fast the mobs spawn, or at what rate they spawn at. The Max level for the spawner would be 5 (or configurable in config). When placing down a spawner, it will become a regular spawner, depending on its tier that you get it at. When raiding, and obtaining a spawner, this spawner should be the same level it was when the user that was raided placed it. After the spawner is placed, the user can right click on the spawner, with an empty hand, and it will open up a GUI. In the first slot of the GUI, it will have the Upgrade option, which would cost a certain amount of levels. (Level 1 - 2 50 levels, 2-3 75 levels, 3-4 100 levels, 4-5 150 levels.) The Middle slot will be the current spawner level, and the last slot of the GUI would be your current xp level.

Commands: /spawner reload

Permissions: spawner.gui Opens up the GUI
    Spawner.reload. Reloads the plugin

When I would like it by: Somewhere this next week

2. Offline

rhunter

I can do this. I can start today or tomorrow.

3. Offline

BroCanadian

4. Offline

BroCanadian

@rhunter how's the plugin going so far?

5. Offline

BroCanadian

@rhunter any improvement on the plugin so far?

6. Offline

oliver276

@rhunter @BroCanadian

If rhunter doesn't want to do this, or doesn't respond in, say, a week, I'll be more than happy do do this. It sounds pretty fun!

7. Offline

BroCanadian

@oliver276 I Dont think @rhunter is doing this so i will be more than happy if you do this for me

8. Offline

oliver276

@BroCanadian question.

In relation to normal spawners, what rank should they be treated as, or should they be reset to tier 1 when broken, and converted into my type? Would you like a break option in the GUI that comes up (rather than having silk-touch)?

It seems that I can only edit the spawn delay for the spawners without using nms, which tends to get messy when that happens (and loses its version compatibility). Is this OK, or is there an API you know of that'd help?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  9. Offline

Lordloss

There is a way of making it version independent with reflection, but i never did it bevore. Try to google it.

10. Offline

BroCanadian

What Do you mean by what rank?
    And i want the spawner to keep the teir when it gets broken.

I am fine with reducing the delay of it spawning. Than having it spawn more. And i would like it to be silktouch rather than a break option in gui.

11. Offline

oliver276

@BroCanadian

I'm looking at implementing version independent NMS without reflection, so please comment on the DevBukkit page I've made if you want it updated. I'm going to continue to ask questions on this thread, whilst I continue to code it.

What rank would you like vanilla generated spawners (like ones in mineshafts and dungeons) to take on (1, I'm assuming).

Please tahg me if you want to get my attention.

12. Offline

BroCanadian

@oliver276 I have a question does the spawners work with silk spawner? And it's shop addon? And yes I would like the spawners in dungeons to be teir 1

@oliver276 Wait so is the plugin done? Or still in deveopment as i Didnt undestand anything "I'm looking at implementing version independent NMS without reflection, so please comment on the DevBukkit page I've made if you want it updated."

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2016
  13. Offline

oliver276

@BroCanadian It's not done, but I'm coding it.

When it is done, I'll set up a DevBukkit page for it so that it's easier to manage.

I've not really done the breaking stuff or the user interaction yet, and I'll see how far I can go when I've finished with the whole modifying the spawner attributes. I'm currently looking at spawnRate, spawnRadius and the number of entities to spawn per spawner 'tick', or activation (same as the spawnRate).

--EDIT--
    @BroCanadian I've got it all working (ie, modifying the spawner for these things:
    Code:
            Short  "SpawnCount"
            Short  "SpawnRange"
            Short  "MaxSpawnDelay"
            Short  "MinSpawnDelay"
            Short  "MaxNearbyEntities"
           Short  "RequiredPlayerRange"
    I'm currently trying to contact the SilkSpawners dev, as his javadocs are down, to see if I can use the SilkSpawners API to help here, but I might make a temporary, easier way which involves using the GUI to break it (I know you said you didn't want this, but it's much easier for the time being, and should have fewer bugs).

I've also had another idea. Rather than having tiers to a spawner, you can 'level up' specific attributes of it, so you could pay 100 extra levels to add another mob per spawn tick (up to a max of [defined in config]). I can't really go any further than this until I hear from the SilkSpawners dev, so I'm all open to suggestions.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  14. Offline

BroCanadian

@oliver276 that's alright, I am fine with a GUI to break the spawners . I am also fine with the level up system

15. Offline

oliver276

@BroCanadian

I thought I'd give you a small update:

WORKING:
    - config (for the whole spawner levelup system)
    - the whole spawner levelup system (your original idea)
    - spawner GUI displaying current properties like spawnrate etc

NOT WORKING [yet] :D :
    - breaking /moving the spawner (though other means of cloning (if they preserve NBT) will work) [SilkSpawners DOESN'T]
    - Not added levels system
    - Economy? after I've made it all
    - commands to change the config settings ingame etc.

16. Offline

BroCanadian

Are you using vault as Economy if so I just need a Xp level system and I don't need a in game system to change the config

17. Offline

oliver276

@BroCanadian
    Yeah, I will be using Vault, but I'll give you a version of the plugin as soon as I finish the bits that you wanted, so you probably won't have vault/commands/per-component-levelup in your version, but I'll release this plugin on DevBukkit where it'll have all of the aforementioned features

18. Offline

BroCanadian

19. Offline

oliver276

@BroCanadian Finished the plugin for you, I'm going to do some more testing tomorrow, then you're free to have it. I'm pretty pleased with it!
    Images (open)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Offline

BroCanadian

@oliver276 looks awesome but is there a way to remove the coords or no at the top

21. Offline

oliver276

@BroCanadian
    I literally just finished the plugin. I can replace the thing at the top with "Cow Spawner" (if it's a cow spawner etc...) if that'd be better?

22. Offline

BroCanadian

Yeah that's fine

23. Offline

oliver276

@BroCanadian

The plugin now has a home over on DevBukkit. (https://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/spawner-rankup/), so this thread is now useless as I've finished the project. Please report any bugs or suggestions over there, as that's where I receive emails about alerts.

One final question, which build are you running of Bukkit/Spigot? I've only got this for 1.10_R1, so if you give me your version, I'll add that too.

24. Offline

BroCanadian

@oliver276 1.8.8 also there is no download link

25. Offline

oliver276

@BroCanadian

It's up there, (as an alpha), so please test it first before putting it onto a live server (or at the very least make a backup). This **probably** isn't completely safe.

It'll be visible to you as soon as the DB staff approve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.