Sometimes the server takes too long in stopping

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by BlancoLanda, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BlancoLanda

I have a server, the problem is that sometimes it takes 2 seconds for shutting down, but others it can takes like 4 minutes!

I use a normal windows server, because I'm having the server in my house. Do anyone know what could be my problem?

No one knows what's my problem? My plugins:

Code:
    Plugins: AntiCreeper, AutoMessage, AutoSave, BuyCraft, CommandBo
    ok, CommandSigns, Essentials, EssentialsSpawn, FalseBookBlock, FalseBookCart, Fa
    lseBookCore, HeroicDeath, iConomy, ItemCommandRepair, Minecart Permanence, NoSpe
    edKick, PermissionsEx, PvPReward, Residence, ResidenceSigns, SignLink, Turnstile
    , Vault, WorldEdit, ChatManager, AuthDB, ChestShop, Citizens, dynmap, HawkEye, L
    WC, Train Carts, WorldBorder
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. Offline

Zaros

Code:
    Plugins: AntiCreeper, AutoMessage, AutoSave, BuyCraft, CommandBo
    ok, CommandSigns, Essentials, EssentialsSpawn, FalseBookBlock, FalseBookCart, Fa
    lseBookCore, HeroicDeath, iConomy, ItemCommandRepair, Minecart Permanence, NoSpe
    edKick, PermissionsEx, PvPReward, Residence, ResidenceSigns, SignLink, Turnstile
    , Vault, WorldEdit, ChatManager, AuthDB, ChestShop, Citizens, dynmap, HawkEye, L
    WC, Train Carts, WorldBorder
    Oh lord, I just laughed so hard...

Lets see shall we. You are running 33 plugins. Thats alot of stuff to start and stop.

Might want to add more RAM too depending on how much it already has.

3. Offline

BlancoLanda

@Zaros I have 4GB of RAM, but I don't understand why sometimes it takes too long in stopping and another times it stops in 1 second. (It always start very fast)

4. Offline

zipfe

It by no means explains a ridiculous stop time of several minutes. Currently running 44 plugins, and shut down is within seconds, always.

@BlancoLanda
    Assuming you are not running this on ancient hardware, do you get any console output while the server is shutting down? Plugins that make heavy use of databases (log bloggers, like Hawkeye) can end up with an ever increasing queue of database accesses, and try to finalize writing them all before shut down, so that no data gets lost.

Or are you playing Minecraft from the same machine which you run the server on?

5. Offline

Zaros

One word, Essentials.

But yea, thats why I also mentioned RAM.

6. Offline

zipfe

Oh you mean, OP is essentially (oh, bad pun!) running 88, not 33 plugins.
    I can't comment on Essentials, never used it.

7. Offline

BlancoLanda

Nope, I don't get any console error. This happend already without having HawkEye (Last plugin I installed). And yeah, I play sometimes MC in the PC of the server (I'm making a server and I will not purchase any hosting till I don't get it ready for publishing), so I host and play in my PC, all is OK except <sometimes> at the stop.

8. Offline

zipfe

Then of course there could be many reasons why your server almost grinds to a halt and takes forever to shut down. If it's not a box running nothing but minecraft, a server OS and maybe an Apache server and MySQL, but nothing else, then it's hard to know what other processes might interfere.

That doesn't mean that this has to be the reason, but it makes finding the cause much more difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.