some random questions

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by undeadmach1ne, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

undeadmach1ne

im just learning java and trying to find my way around bukkit and eclipse all at the same time...over the last week or so i have come up with some questions. hopefully they arent so noob that people facepalm and run off lol :p

-does anyone know anything about this sea level setting that recently popped up in the javadocs? how is it determined? per world? arbitrary number (half world height)? will wgen plugins need to update to support it?

-does bukkit ever de-spawn mobs or remove them? can i catch that event? i have a hashmap of spawned entities...i am removing them myself when i am done with them, but i have a feeling some of them end up 'disappearing' on their own and clogging up my hashmap. is there any good way to verify that the contents of a hashmap are still valid and remove invalid entries?

-i want to include spout and register support in my plugin. from what i gather i have to build against their jar/api, and then make sure the players and/or server have the correct plugins installed somehow, and then use their listeners and methods as normal in my code? am i missing anything?

-anyone have any general tips/workflow suggestions/features in eclipse that they couldnt live without? its so intuitive that i just opened it for the first time and started working...it was like a week before i discovered the ctrl-space thing even lol...no feature too basic to point out to this noob! :p (lol now i have been spending so much time in there, when i spell something wrong in firefox and its underlined in red i sit there hovering my mouse over it waiting for the quick fix suggestions to pop up=\)

thanks for any help :)

2. I think your pretty much right... To make a plugin you have to add some spout jar to your build path, like you have your bukkit jar. Then you can start coding. To use the plugin, the server must have the spout plugin installed, and optionally users must be using the spoutcraft client

3. Offline

undeadmach1ne

i thought of another one: can we remove or change the item skeletons/pig zombies are holding? or get a regular zombie holding stuff? maybe it would be easier to skin an npc as a zombie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.