[Solved]Trigger redstone signal through code?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by russjr08, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

russjr08

Very simple question... but is there a way to send a redstone signal to a block through the API?

2. Offline

ThijsD

Just to elaborate this question (I'm in on the project as well) the problem is that were trying to light a Redstone lamp. Simply changing the block to REDSTONE_LAMP_ON won't work, it switches back to off. So is there a way to send a red stone signal to it? (Simulate it)

3. Offline

Craftiii4

If you have the block location saved, then yes I think it is possible, let me just have a mess around ^^

You could change it ON, then detect when it tries to change back and change current that way?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  4. Offline

ThijsD

Yeah, but then you would have to keep changing it for every block (lets say 50). Itsn't that pretty heavy on the server? (And yes I have the block coords :))

5. Offline

Craftiii4

I do not think so?

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/stop-a-block-from-updating.74238/

The code that I put together works, but I am not sure ^^, only way is trial and error XD. Good luck :p.

6. Offline

ThijsD

Will try it :) Thanks!

Yup, works like a charm :) Will include it in the plugin and give you credit ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

Craftiii4

thanks ^^, you might wish to check to see if the lamp trying to change to off is one of the ones that you have the location for, or else any lamp will stay permanently on ^^. If you haven't already :p.

8. Offline

ThijsD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.