[Solved] Setting player movement

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Benedikt Wüller, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey there,
    I wanted to set the players walkspeed twice faster. But I don't know, how to do this. If the player jumps, he should jump as he do it normaly. It should be like the player is sprinting.

Did anyone have an idea how to do this?
    Thanks!

EDIT: I used the PlayerMoveEvent and I tried to solve the problem with setVelocity() but it didn't worked.

2. Offline

efstajas

Not possible unless you do something with potions... There is already a speed potion, you could just put the effect of it on the player.

3. Offline

jamietech

4. Is it possible to remove the potion particles?

5. Offline

jamietech

Not unless you're coding for a custom client.

6. Offline

Double0negative

Cancel the palyerMoveEvent and then apply setVelocity? just a guess idk if this would work or not, potions are prob easier

7. ok. i made it with potions. but there is a problem.
    Code:
    @EventHandler
        public void onPlayerMove(PlayerMoveEvent event){
            final Player player = event.getPlayer();
            final Block block = player.getLocation().getBlock().getRelative(BlockFace.DOWN);

this.getServer().getScheduler().scheduleAsyncDelayedTask(this, new Runnable() {
                public void run() { 
                    if(block.getType() == Material.WOOL){
                        Wool wool = (Wool) player.getLocation().getBlock();  // I need this for later
                        player.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(PotionEffectType.SPEED, 200, 0));
                    }
                }
            }, 10);
        }
    this doesn't work. do you have an idea, why?

8. Offline

Taco

Using setVelocity causes some very ugly movement. I can say this from experience, since it's currently what MorePhysics uses.

Your issue may be that the third variable is 0, and this is the amplifier, as you can see here. This could be making the server assign an effect that is essentially nullified.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  9. Offline

Double0negative

You could do the movement manual with setLocation although that would get kinda ugly i would imagine

10. Code:
    player.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(PotionEffectType.SPEED, 200, 1));
    still doesn't work.

11. Offline

Taco

Try:

player.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(PotionEffectType.SPEED, 200, 1), true)

12. nope, it doesn't work :(

13. Offline

Taco

That's strange, because I'm using this right now:

PotionEffect effect = new PotionEffect(PotionEffectType.SLOW, 20, intensity);
    p.addPotionEffect(effect, true);

and it works just fine.

14. Offline

geekygenius

Have you looked into a PlayerVelocityEvent yet?

15. ok, i see what the problem is.
    I made something like this:
    Code:
            Location loc = player.getLocation();
            final Block block = loc.getBlock().getState().getBlock();

public void run() {
                    if(block instanceof Wool){
                    } else {
                        player.sendMessage("NO WOOL: " + ChatColor.GOLD + player.getLocation().getBlock().getState().getBlock().toString());
                    }
                }
            }, 10);
    And everytime i move, this message appears:
    NO WOOL: CraftBlock{chunk=CraftChunk{x=-146z=8},x=-2322,y=66,z=-122,type=AIR,date=0}

solved, my code now:
    Code:
            final Block block = player.getLocation().getBlock().getRelative(BlockFace.DOWN);
            block.getLocation().setY(block.getY() - 1);

public void run() {
                    if(block.getType() == Material.WOOL){
                    } else {
                        player.sendMessage("NO WOOL: " + ChatColor.GOLD + player.getLocation().getBlock().getState().getBlock().toString());
                    }
                }
            }, 10);
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.