[SOLVED]Server not on the right network

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by wizzy86, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

wizzy86

My minecraft server is not on the correct IP address.

I have hamachi installed so whenever the server opens up, it uses the hamachi IP and bases the server off of that.
    I want it to connect to MY IP. How would i go about doing this?

2. Offline

pyraetos

You will have to forward the minecraft server port to your local IP address. This can be done in your router's interface.

3. Offline

wizzy86

I've already done this. The server has worked before connecting to the external ip, but only after I installed hamachi was I not able to connect to it anymore. Would uninstalling hamachi fix my problem?

4. Offline

wizzy86

Bump.

5. Offline

Killburner

Leave server-ip blank in your server.properties file. This will make the server listen on all interfaces, regardless of your internal LAN IP or Hamachi.

6. Offline

Siickest

I don't know relly how it's work .. but
    The port think have you set right port? 25565 and also the ip?
    Go CMD and write Ipconfig and take the IPv4 adress and put in the portfoward!
    In the your map where the server is placed go to the notepad - Server - and leave the server ip empty and the port 25565. and save! That's what i did when i started my minecraft server.

7. Offline

wizzy86

Ah wait everyone. I fixed my own problem. :D

The server is running on Windows XP OS. I guess in windows XP Internet connections are listed by priority. By default, all new connections are at the top of the list. Hamachi was at the top, thus setting the server to only run on hamachi. After i set my own connection to the top, everything worked swimmingly. Thanks for everyone's help!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.