[SOLVED] Script on linux for auto-reset

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Trollkemada, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Trollkemada

Hi guys,

I'd like to make a script for Linux in order to reset my server each 6/12 hours. I have no idea about how to "send" the 'stop' comand to the bukkit console from a .sh file, or form the scrip anyway :S

Also i'd thank some help with the loop to repeat each 6/12 hours. I'm very n00b on java and bash :((

Thanks, I wait for your answers ;)

P.D. Sorry about bad english :-P

No one can help? :S

I'm trying but is hard S:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  2. Offline

Medalink

Check out Multicraft.

It's a server wrapper so it can start/restart with it's built in schedule system.

-Medalink

3. Offline

Trollkemada

Thanks for the info, but i just want the script file, i can't afford a hole aplicattion.

4. Offline

darkwarriors

with crontab u can kill process and restart it, but in this way when killing servers process it dindt salve itself..

in other way u can open a stream udp port with tcpbukkit and sent udp socket with ascii comand stop! but i have to test it!

5. Offline

Trollkemada

That's the thing, i don't wanna kill the process cause that's very bad for the server, i'd like to send the 'stop' command to bukkit from the script, without having to use stram udp port, is there anyway to do that?

6. Offline

Plague

if you run it using screen, you can put text into the screen using the "stuff" command, thus sending "stop" etc.

7. Offline

Trollkemada

stuff comand? hoW? :S

8. Offline

Plague

You know there is a program called "man" don't you? :)

Code:
    SCREEN="Minecraft"

screen -x $SCREEN -X stuff "`printf "say World Save in 1 minute!\r"`"

9. Offline

Trollkemada

Thanks you so much !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.